Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Sphynx Died

Radwan masri

Lairian
Hi All;

Yesterday morning I woke up only to find my Spynx dead on my floor, he was an active smart lovable male very interactive. It was a devastating moment & was sobbing all day yesterday. I am a 55 years male divorced, jobless, living alone. This is my 1st pet & he was only 11 months old. The incident happened on Sunday morning & therefore I was confused what to do with the body.

Anyone can tell me what to do? I am confused & emotionally down. I wrapped him in a towel & placed him in a bag & now is on my balcony as temperature here in Chicago is 37 degrees.

Can anyone help in guiding me what to do?

Thanks

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Oh my gosh. I am so sorry your baby got his wings. Fly high little one.

If you have a contract, I would get ahold of your breeder. They might need an autopsy if your breeder replaces a kitten within the first year.

You can bring him to the vet for cremation. They can do an individual one where you get the ashes back, or they can do a group cremation and you do not get them back and it is less expensive. Call your vet and explain your circumstances.

Hugs are sent

Radwan masri

Lairian
Oh my gosh. I am so sorry your baby got his wings. Fly high little one.

If you have a contract, I would get ahold of your breeder. They might need an autopsy if your breeder replaces a kitten within the first year.

You can bring him to the vet for cremation. They can do an individual one where you get the ashes back, or they can do a group cremation and you do not get them back and it is less expensive. Call your vet and explain your circumstances.

Hugs are set.
Thank you so much, the breeder is my daughter and she delivered many kittens but this is the 1st incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So sorry to see this. I would put my cat in the freezer if I couldn't get to a vet right away. I would have an autopsy done and then cremation. There are beautiful pet urns out there. So sad.....

Toa and Ross

Staff member
So very sorry for the loss of your beloved boy. My heart breaks for you.

If you want to know what caused his dead, and can afford the cost, it would be good to bring him to the vet for an authopsy. If you don't want that you could bring him to the vet for cremation. Or if you or your daughter have a garden, burry him there (not allowed here in the Netherlands but with small animals we still do it). It's important you take time to say goodbye to your beloved boy. And to mourn about him.
Since your daughter was the breeder she can hopefully support you. Big hugs

Radwan masri

Lairian
So very sorry for the loss of your beloved boy. My heart breaks for you.

If you want to know what caused his dead, and can afford the cost, it would be good to bring him to the vet for an authopsy. If you don't want that you could bring him to the vet for cremation. Or if you or your daughter have a garden, burry him there (not allowed here in the Netherlands but with small animals we still do it). It's important you take time to say goodbye to your beloved boy. And to mourn about him.
Since your daughter was the breeder she can hopefully support you. Big hugs
Thank you all for your support. I already took him to the vet and I said my goodbye with so much tears. My daughter has another kitten but not sure if am emotionally ready now. Thank you so much for your kind words

Josie Ent

Lairian
So so sorry to hear of you loss. It maybe a good idea if your daughter gets her cat (the kittens Mum) checked for any heart issues or any other congenital conditions. This is so sad it happened to my cat he was just 2 years old and I came home from work to find he’d passed away such a shock. My thoughts are with you and your family xx

Last edited:

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am very sorry for your loss. I know things are hard now but you might want to give the new kitten a chance. Think it over but I know your last kitten would not want you to be alone.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Radwan masri , (((Comforting hugs))) I am so so sorry your sweet boy got his angel wings.
We are here for you

Fly high sweet boy - you live in hearts forever

"Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever. "
-from poem for cats

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is heart wrenching. :(:cry: So so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine having to go through that so suddenly. I will say a prayer for you and your angel kitten.