Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Sphynx has an accent?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
My son says our cat Leonidas is an english guy, he refers to the Geiko gecko sort of, with the english accent. Or is it Austrailian? Any how, I was looking at him and wondering if he could talk would he have an accent like the Geiko gecko or like the old skunk cartoon pepe le pew? Just a thought.:Dizzy: If your Sphynx could talk who would she/he be? a cartoon character? an actor?

Attachments

Last edited:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes! Pepe Le Pew! Is he a skunk or a cat? Even he doesn't know.

Replacement String:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna say Snuffie would sound like Sandy the squirrel from Spongebob!! I'm a southern girl and she hangs around me all day so I'm sure she has my southern accent by now. I want to make her a big floppy hat and a southern belle dress! haha

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hollywood would talk like John Wayne, Maizie would be Reese Witherspoon, and Birdie would be whiny and complaining (bless her heart). I can't think of anyone for her, can you?

susi794

Staff member
Hollywood would talk like John Wayne, Maizie would be Reese Witherspoon, and Birdie would be whiny and complaining (bless her heart). I can't think of anyone for her, can you?
Wendy Whiner from the old Saturday Night Live skits of Doug and Wendy Whiner. They were hilarious!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hmm, this was a tough one. I spent quite some time thinking about what Butternuts accent would sound like. Bobcat Goldwait keeps popping into my head for some reason.

Replacement String:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't know about Blue....he's smart in some ways, not so smart in others & lovable as all get-out. A big cuddlebug---maybe one of Chris Farley's characters???
Bayleigh would probably be Kari Heffernan from King of Queens--kind of a little bossy, street-smart with LOTS of attitude, & wears the pants in the family. She's on my lap and I typed that sentence, she started purring loudly for no reason. Maybe she's agreeing :LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hmm, this was a tough one. I spent quite some time thinking about what Butternuts accent would sound like. Bobcat Goldwait keeps popping into my head for some reason.

YouTube - Bobcat Goldthwait on Letterman, 7/30/87
Thanks for the Bobcat clip. What a fun blast from the past. I loved his stand up. Thank goodness for YouTube.

What a personality Butterball must be....never a dull moment at your house.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have to say i think Mug-Y would sounds like Terry Thomas, an old British actor...he's the guy in the lighter coloured suit in the clip below...

Replacement String:
X

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
LOL Yes Mo has a very broad Northen Yorkshire accent he is always talking and it's quite high pitched too! (I do his voice for him LOL) If anyone has ever heard 'The Bradshaws' then Mo speaks exactly like the son on that!

Gable would be well, Clark Gable like his namesake. Amaryllis would be Julie Andrews. I can see her singing "A Spoonful of Sugar" or "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria" and Gable telling her, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."