Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Sphynx hates...

My Sphynx hates.....

• The bath

Votes: 45 37.2%
  • Ear cleaning

Votes: 40 33.1%
  • Nail clipping

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Other (leave comment)

Votes: 28 23.1%

• Total voters

Inferno12

Banned
Johnny hates all of the above including baby wipes. You would think that I am buying baby wipes with acid on them. Especially when I clean his nails/toes with them. He acts like he is dying :Dizzy::Dizzy:

LadyZephyr

Lairian
Bluebelle is strange (with a lot of stuff but especially this). She's really well behaved during her bath, when you clean her eyes and ears and clip her nails. She HATES having her nails cleaned with a baby wipe and her little botty cleaned with one. I think she just does not like the feel of baby wipes against her skin, I tried warming them to see if that helped but it didnt. I put coconut oil (yes I took you guys advise and bought some) on her little butt and then wiped it and she didn't complain lol. I think she may just be a sensitive little soul and baby wipes just don't feel good to her :) I will try the coconut oil on her little toes also and maybe she won't act like we're killing her with each wipe.

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Harry doesn't like any of it but especially the bath. Buffy loathes the bath and having her nails messed with. oddly when I clean her ears she just lays there looking pathetic. It helps when I wrap her up in her blanky. She can't scratch me and then I cuddle her up when we're done.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Dinka does not like his ears cleaned. He wrinkles up his skin and squeaks pathetically. :LOL: And he can't stand the hiney cleaning.:Smile:

LLevenson

Lairian
Arias HATES HATES HATES when I touch his tail. For like the 1st year that we had him, he got HUMONGOUS blackheads on his tail (even after he was fixed). I'm talking, these suckers would be GINORMOUS on a human, much less a little 9 lb kitty! So I of course had to pick them to get them out before they got infected. Now, if I even touch his tail to examine it to make sure there aren't any blackheads brewing, he bites me! Thankfully, the "stud tail" has gone away (found that apple cider vinegar rubbed on his tail after his bath helped dry them up!)

Otherwise, he's OK with the whole grooming process!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
that's with a HUGE emphasis on HATES bath time!!! 2/3 of them and then Bea hates ear cleaning and nail trims

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
They HATE the bath but Blue LOVES the ear cleaning. I always tease him that he's getting a brain massage. He totally relaxes and his third eyelids come out. Funny boy :Laugh:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffie loves her bath time,,she walks around in the tub thru my hands like she is in a car wash to collect all her "scrubbies" so she can get clean. Afterwards I wrap her up in a towel (she doesn't like that either but) and clean her ears. She melts..she purrs so loudly when I clean her ears and leans into which ever ear Im cleaning,,lol Its funny. BUT she absolutley hates when I clean her nails and clip them. I use baby wipes to clean the gunk off of them and if the wipe touches any part of skin she goes wack-o. So I'm guessing its because after a few seconds they get cold. If all I have to fuss over is nails then I think Im doing pretty good because worse case scenerio I do them when she is asleep! lol

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pedda hates the bath. She yowls non-stop.

Once a month she gets locked into the Cat Sack for a deep ear cleaning with Cerulytic. She yips a bit but doesn't mind it too much.

She's great with everything else. I keep the baby wipes, Q tips, and nail clippers out on my desk. When she's sitting in my lap and all nice and relaxed there, I just turn the ear cleaning/nail trimming and toenail cleaning into part of her cuddling routine. It works great because she doesn't get stressed which makes it easier on me. Of course my desk always looks trashy from her cleaning stuff on it but oh well.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wrinkles screams when I give her a bath but she stays in the sink.
She hates when I clean her ears also.
Polar hates when I clean his nails and Cleo is pretty much ok with everything.

susi794

Staff member
Habibi doesn't mind the bath and she tolerates the ear cleaning, but HATES the baby wipe toenail cleaning and cutting.
Moody, Lulu, and Othie tolerate everything pretty well.
Dulcinea hates the bath but sort of tolerates most everything else.
Boo is an absolute HORROR!!! He howls, scratches, fights every inch of the way--he hates ALL of it, but we've been working on "The bathtub is our friend...it is a fun place to be". He is positive that I'm a liar. :LOL: But he's gotten a tiny bit better lately. I don't even know why I bother though--he is filthy again the next day...or maybe even the next hour. He makes me feel like such a pig. :Angry: Where does he get all that filth? I mop my floors every single day.:Cry::Cry:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mug-Y hates it all!

He has to go to the vet for nail clipping because he's to vicious for me to do it...last time he lacerated the vets arm so badly there was blood up the walls:Woo:

Can't get him near a bath...luckily he has very good skin so i can pin him down and clean the grubby areas with a hot cloth or baby wipe, this is usually followed by attacking my ankles with teeth and claws for the next hour...I now don't set about cleaning him without a pairt of skiing socks on!!

Ear cleaning - Right side he likes, left side he bites me!!

I don't try anything els he just getsd waaaaay out of hand! :Dizzy:

X

susi794

Staff member
Ooooh, Mug-Y, you naughty little boy, hurting your momma--hopefully you will learn that she is only trying to keep you healthy and happy. And lacerating your vets arm??? OUCH!!!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ooooh, Mug-Y, you naughty little boy, hurting your momma--hopefully you will learn that she is only trying to keep you healthy and happy. And lacerating your vets arm??? OUCH!!!

I hope so too!! He's such a naughty boy!! Did you see on his FB page that he took on a Labrador the other day :Dizzy::Dizzy::Dizzy:

X

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kreachers is not bothered by the bath, nail clipping, or ear cleaning really. The one thing he hates is when I take him OUT of the bath...then he starts whining like a baby! Diesel isn't really phased by anything..

Christine

Lairian
Gibson doesn't particularly love any of these things lol. He is fine with a bath as long as I don't bath him while he is in the tub...its a dip, scrub, dip kinda deal. He doesn't like his nails wiped off...especially the back ones. Ears aren't too bad...I think he might like that a little lol. He hates when I check his feet after he comes out of the litter box....he is a poop stepper lol so I have to wipe them a lot and he gets sooooo mad!

firehillqueen

Banned
Ciel hates the bath. She is getting a little better, Cadeau bears it, Chimere is really pretty good.
Tosca doesn't mind the bath much at all. All will let me clip their toe nails and file them. It took some patience getting them there. Ears...well that is another story. Most of the kittens are pretty good considering, Tosca grumbles and growls and will only endure if for a little bit, so its one ear at a time.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sophie hates all of the above but especially HATES the nail cleaning. I try my hardest to loosen the gunk by first applying coconut oil before the bath, then I use warm water to dip the baby wipe in and mix in some ear cleaner to wipe her nails. She SCREAMS WILD JUNGLE CAT CRAZY when I wipe her nails. It usually takes days to get them all. Any help in this area would greatly help if anyone knows a way.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Sophie hates all of the above but especially HATES the nail cleaning. I try my hardest to loosen the gunk by first applying coconut oil before the bath, then I use warm water to dip the baby wipe in and mix in some ear cleaner to wipe her nails. She SCREAMS WILD JUNGLE CAT CRAZY when I wipe her nails. It usually takes days to get them all. Any help in this area would greatly help if anyone knows a way.

Awww first things first, get Sophie into the habit...once you start cleaning her nails do not stop. It won't be fun but if she knows you won't give in, then as time goes by she will get accustomed to the idea. I would also do her nail cleaning right after her bath when she is wrapped into a towel,,then you can pull one paw out at a time (this takes practice, it did for me anyhow, lol) and clean them that way. I hope this helps, I believe there are more threads on suggestions as well, just search nail cleaning.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hmmmm, quite difficult Mo is selective about his grooming. Some days he loves being groomed and pampered, other days he gets grumpy andd won't let me so i just leave him. On the whole he's pretty good. The main things are he hates being towel dried after a bath and he doesn't always let you clean/clip his back toe nails, but that is selective! Oh dear, he's a bit of a drama queen.

braverducky

Lairian
Pander hates having his face washed. But he always gets so brown and grubby around his mouth and eye balls.. sorry buddy. lol
He also HATES having his nails cleaned. I have to do 1 a day, maybe even less just to get it done, and by the time I get through all of them.. I have to start all over.

Oh.. he also HATES when I move around at night. Usualy I will sleep on my side and he will cuddle with his back against my belly and his legs out at night but if I make a move WATCH out. He makes it known that he is upset.

Riddle also hates everything.

Back