Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Sphynx Keeps Laying on my Playstation

Nightcalamity

Lairian
Hi all,

Some context, I work in the game industry so often times I'm playing a game or researching parts of it using my PS4. My problem lately has become that my Noko has figured out that the console pushes out warm air. I keep finding myself chasing him off of it about every 5 minutes and as much as I hate to admit it he is a hefty boy and gaming consoles can only take so much. I just bought him a wicker cat basket and he has a giant cat tree with a blanket in it. These aren't working and I could really use some help getting him to love something else more than my PS4. He also tends to turn it off he gets down as he has figured out the touch button on it. -_-

Thanks for any help!

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm sorry, but I laughed at your post. These cats crack me up. They think everything belongs to them. Have you looked into getting a heated cat bed?

Nightcalamity

Lairian
I've looked at them online a few times. I'm a little anxious about things that heat and would want some recommendations for good brands. Also, they need to be durable against him digging into the bed...he loves to dig whenever he is left alone.

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You could look into a snugglesafe heated pad they are just microwavable and stay hot for up to 10hrs I think, so no cords etc to worry about.

But you can also try double sided sticky tape, put it on the top of your ps4 and it might deter him from sitting on it as cats don't like sticky stuff of their feet etc.

Gisele

Lairian
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but our Sasha does the same thing, despite having an electric heat-pad in her igloo. It's worth a try if you haven't got one but she still prefers to lay on top of the playstation when it's on. She's a small little lady so it hasn't caused much of a problem, although we do very occasionally catch her trying to chew the wires.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Nightcalamity they certainly are heat seekers lol. Some have found this works well for keeping their cats away from certain things.
1d9a5c1ad77f42a2b4959f7cc3acac4d.jpg

Nightcalamity

Lairian
I just wanted to thank everyone for the suggestions. We are placing some orders on Amazon tonight and hopefully, some of these combined can help work be a little smoother. Thank you so much, everyone! I feel really happy to finally talk to some other parents!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Nightcalamity , keep us updated often!
I hope you are able to post lots of pics amd tales!

@MollysMom , thank you for sharing a fantastic idea and picture!
This will help a lot of members including myself !
Mine keep sitting on the new cable box and disconnecting the cable when they ounce off of it

KarliLuvsSphynx

Lairian
My Gidgit loved climbing all over my Xbox, like your cat, because of the heat it produces. She also loved pushing buttons on the controller, and turning it off when my boyfriend was right in the middle of a boss fight!
Silly cats trying to be gamers...

Like someone else said, Snugglesafe pads are great for Sphynxes, just make sure it is under a blanket so they don't burn their belly!

Attachments

• IMG_20170527_210304532.jpg
    IMG_20170527_210304532.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 27
Back