Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Sphynx Story

RoobasMommy

Lairian
Hello Everyone, I am very happy to have joined! This seems like a great forum!

My name is Callie and I am from Washington State. I am a Veterinary Assistant and share my house with many different animals, but most importantly, my blue and white Sphynx "Roobas".

I would have never found Roobs if it wasn't for my wonderful fiance, Dave. He has allowed me to expand my interests in animals, and deals with my huge fascination of Boa Constrictors...After getting our first snakes, I never thought I would be soo interested in another animal that I owned, until I was browsing my local craigslist ads and came across an ad for a "Sphynx male".

I have always been interested in the Sphynx breed, but figured it would never happen with the breeder prices...But curiousity struck and I emailed them anyways. They were about 2hrs from me, and were only asking $400 and my Green Eyed beauty...
I didn't have the cash handy, but man were they desperate to get rid of him...They explained that he was defecating outside the litter box (but with three large dogs waiting for fresh kitty roca, do you blame him for wanting some privacy?) "If you take him tonight we can do $200" It was already 6pm and dark, but I dragged my fiance to the truck (Talk about an impulse buy, lol).

Bringing him home we could tell he knew that our family was going to be his for the rest of his life. And since I have had him, you couldn't even tell that I only got him in March of 2010. He acts like he's lived with me his whole life, and I cannot even think of my world without him. He is the perfect cat for me, and hopefully he will just be the beginning to my Sphynx family!

Thanks for listening to my story about finding Roobas. Happy Holidays!!
Callie, Dave and Roobas :)

Shell_Baby

Lairian
Welcome to the Lair! Roobas is a handsome boy and very blessed to have you as his momma!!! You will find alot of great info here, and great folks to help you with your new found sphynx addiction! :Laugh: :ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
Was just going to ask the same question...welcome to the Lair and our online family of friends. "Roobs" is lucky to have found a forever family this time. Thank you for giving him a chance.

RoobasMommy

Lairian
Thanks for all the warm welcomes and compliments towards my beautiful baby!

What a great story! What a lucky sphynx he is :Laugh:
He is beautiful! I too live in washington state. Do you live in western or eastern?
Thanks! We live in the Pacific Northwest...Glad to meet a fellow Washington resident with a Sphynx!! :) And might I say yours is quite cute (love the party eyes) :)

Welcome to you and Roobas. I really enjoyed reading about him. But I do have one question: how are his litterbox habits since you got him?
Thank you. Happy to say, his litterbox habits have been nothing but perfect with me.

Thanks again everyone! Happy New Year to you all!!

Last edited: