Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Stinky Boys! Really need some HEELP!

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok So here I am at 3am writing this because once again Linguini stepped on his poop and pooped everything!!!!!!....My pillow....the carpet....the sheets so here I am cleaning everything and doing some laundry at 3AM!!!!! Last time it was my hair! DISGUSTING!:Badly:

Why is this happening? He does this almost every day!!!! I dont know what to do anymore..He is eating the same food and I scoop the litterbox morning and night!..........

Ewwww It STINKS!!!....A LOT!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Forgive me for laughing, I'm just glad it's you and not me. I don't know why he's doing it other than he's a clumsy kitten and hasn't learned how to be fastidious like an adult. Maybe one of those expensive automatic litterboxes would help? I'm sure some of the folks here who have them will chime in and say if they think it would help or not.

TotenEngel

Banned
have to admit to a slight giggle myself, though Smeagol quite often used to jump up on us, wiping his pooey bum on our arms or clothes :S Last thing before bed we checked his bum and gave it a wipe with baby wipes if need be
Have to say he does seem to be getting better at 'mess control' now he is a little older (6 months) Though I have just bought a Booda to try and avoid some of the mess (while I like the idea of the automatic ones I can't bring myself to spend that much on a litter tray, yet!)

How old is he?

Ella_B

Lairian
Berlin used to step in her poop too and it was pretty horrendous. It get to the point that when I heard that telltale scratching of her burying one, I'd wait to corner her as soon as she jumped out of the litter box so that I could rinse her feet if needs be.

If it makes you feel any better, Berlin somehow ate one of my long hairs and last night she had a little poop 'on a string' dangling out of her butt. Trying to catch her was impossible because she just thought it was a big game, in the meanwhile I'm watching this precarious poo ball flying around my apartment behind her. Eek.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I would try a larger litter box. Gizzmo had gave me the idea of a large rubbermaid tote, just leave the lid on and cut a hole in the front, it works well is way cheaper than a litter box and has tons of room in it to avoid walking in the poop.
Also it sounds like you are saying she has runny poop? If that keeps up I would see the vet to rule out anything that may be causing this. No matter what kind or how big the box runny poop will almost always end up all over and smell yucky.

wundrlust

Lairian
Hate to say it but been there done that! It would happen when they had loose stool as babies while trying to find the best food for them. We have settled on Raw (Stella and Chewy} and canned..Tiki, Taste of the Wild and Fromm. Dry food is Pinnical which is the lowest in carbs. Good luck to you!

Gizzymom

Banned
Just curious... Is Linguini's tail better?? Cuz if he is dragging it, that may be what is getting poopy... Are you sure it is his feet? I have heard that cat's who have had injured tails tend to drag them more and they can get poopy...

But I concur... Glad it's you and not me! :Badly:

What a horrible way to wake up!!!

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yes I think they have loose stool because I have been trying to find a good food that Linguini likes! And Mickey sometimes goes and eats kitten food...wundrlust-I will try those foods and see if they like it! Linguini is very picky!...But Mickey loves everything!

Thank you all!

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL: Glad it's not just me:LOL: Nudie has done this every time since we got her. She doesn't have any food switching, just can't seem to keep it clean in the litterbox. She poops and then as she's trying to bury it , she steps in it, flings it around- you get the picture:Woo: We have the boodadome which is great because it's big and enclosed so I don't have it flying everywhere, but boy I'm getting tired of this:Dizzy: If I hear her scratching in the box, I'm running for the wipes ready to ambush Nudie Poopy Pants before she exits. I've tried it all and nothing helps- she just is not the smartest pooper. After we get Skinderella next week, I'm trying the toilet training thing- what do I have to lose:LOL:

TotenEngel

Banned
:LOL: Glad it's not just me:LOL: Nudie has done this every time since we got her. She doesn't have any food switching, just can't seem to keep it clean in the litterbox. She poops and then as she's trying to bury it , she steps in it, flings it around- you get the picture:Woo: We have the boodadome which is great because it's big and enclosed so I don't have it flying everywhere, but boy I'm getting tired of this:Dizzy: If I hear her scratching in the box, I'm running for the wipes ready to ambush Nudie Poopy Pants before she exits. I've tried it all and nothing helps- she just is not the smartest pooper. After we get Skinderella next week, I'm trying the toilet training thing- what do I have to lose:LOL:

my boodadome was despatached today and is arriving tomorrow, can' wait :D

(Wonders if there is something wrong with my life when I get excited over a new litter tray!!)

lawgrl

Lairian
Ah, the dreaded Poop Foot...Choppy was particularly bad about the Poop Foot when he first came home. He always seemed to time it just right so that he got my husband (and his pillow) just after we would get in bed to go to sleep at night...hubby was not amused! Luckily, he grew out of it pretty quickly and the Poop Foot has not made an appearance at our house since.

holly_savage

Banned
I must concur about this being a mainly young kitten thing. Kokka is terrible for that. The other day I heard Greg holler from the ensuite bathroom to come and get the Kokka and bring some wipes. I guess she got into Hibou's Fancy Feast wet food (Hibou has a lead stomach and can eat anything FF being her favorite), the FF gives Kokka the runs, so anyways, I come charging into the bathroom, and there is poor Greg (sorry for the TMI, but he was sitting on the toilet himself) with liquid Kokka poop on his legs and arms and shirt and...well everywhere. About 6 inches of tail, covered in liquid poop, and here is Kokka, happily rubbing up against him. OMG I almost wet myself I was laughing so hard!

Both girls eat Taste of the WIld dry, but after what Susi said about it giving her cats the runs, on account of the high protein, I am thinking I might try switching Kokka off of it. SHe has had runny poops off and on since I got her. Vet says all is well, and she is still gaining weight like crazy ...7.2 lbs at 7 mts. SO maybe I will try switching foods.

Just thought I'd share my, well Greg's actually, poop story!

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok So here I am at 3am writing this because once again Linguini stepped on his poop and pooped everything!!!!!!....My pillow....the carpet....the sheets so here I am cleaning everything and doing some laundry at 3AM!!!!! Last time it was my hair! DISGUSTING!:Badly:

Why is this happening? He does this almost every day!!!! I dont know what to do anymore..He is eating the same food and I scoop the litterbox morning and night!..........

Ewwww It STINKS!!!....A LOT!

Well, since we're sharing our stinky crap stories, I will share my most unpleasant one involving Poopy that I had locked in my "vault" of experiences to forget about.

Poppy had some diarrhea issues and was constantly stepping in his poop a lot, so much that we renamed him "s**tfoot". :LOL:

One night, it was particularly bad. He not only stepped in his milkshake poop but he did it with both feet and it had run down the backs of his legs. :Dizzy: Since I am Poopy's "chosen one", I was graced with his presence after this monumental event. There was crap on our comforter, on my pillow, on the carpet. Ugh, and to top it off, it was 200 in the morning. :Sleep: So, I collected my little s**tfoot and headed off to the bathroom to do a routine quick wash, something that should have been quite normal for him as we had been doing this several times a day for some time.

I turned on the lights and then the tap and he went berzerk. :Shok: I hadn't even put him near the water! I ended up getting his crap all over my shirt, my arms, my face and somehow some of it got inside my nostrils.....it was really, really nasssty :Badly: Let's just say it took me a long time to clean everything up and I was smelling his crap for several hours after.

I do think part of the problems is a "kitten thing" as this is not the first kitten that I have had that had problems. A few things to consider, is the litter box big enough to turn around? How many litter boxes do you have? My vet has told me that I need to have 1 litter box per cat - perhaps he is trying hard to avoid someone else's poop/pee? How about the litter? I ask about the litter as I had tried several different brands and it seems when I switched over to Swheat Scoop from clay litters, his foot placement became better and he still had diarrhea at that time. I also made sure that they were fed right at 5 pm in hopes of not having Poopy needing to go so late - this stopped nighttime craps. As for food, well I think it's just finding what works for him. We ended up discovering Poopy's problems were due to an allergy to turkey and he has been on Medi-Cal's hypoallergenic dry and wet and is diarrhea free. Hope this helps! :BigSmile:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well, since we're sharing our stinky crap stories, I will share my most unpleasant one involving Poopy that I had locked in my "vault" of experiences to forget about.

Poppy had some diarrhea issues and was constantly stepping in his poop a lot, so much that we renamed him "s**tfoot". :LOL:

One night, it was particularly bad. He not only stepped in his milkshake poop but he did it with both feet and it had run down the backs of his legs. :Dizzy: Since I am Poopy's "chosen one", I was graced with his presence after this monumental event. There was crap on our comforter, on my pillow, on the carpet. Ugh, and to top it off, it was 200 in the morning. :Sleep: So, I collected my little s**tfoot and headed off to the bathroom to do a routine quick wash, something that should have been quite normal for him as we had been doing this several times a day for some time.

I turned on the lights and then the tap and he went berzerk. :Shok: I hadn't even put him near the water! I ended up getting his crap all over my shirt, my arms, my face and somehow some of it got inside my nostrils.....it was really, really nasssty :Badly: Let's just say it took me a long time to clean everything up and I was smelling his crap for several hours after.

I do think part of the problems is a "kitten thing" as this is not the first kitten that I have had that had problems. A few things to consider, is the litter box big enough to turn around? How many litter boxes do you have? My vet has told me that I need to have 1 litter box per cat - perhaps he is trying hard to avoid someone else's poop/pee? How about the litter? I ask about the litter as I had tried several different brands and it seems when I switched over to Swheat Scoop from clay litters, his foot placement became better and he still had diarrhea at that time. I also made sure that they were fed right at 5 pm in hopes of not having Poopy needing to go so late - this stopped nighttime craps. As for food, well I think it's just finding what works for him. We ended up discovering Poopy's problems were due to an allergy to turkey and he has been on Medi-Cal's hypoallergenic dry and wet and is diarrhea free. Hope this helps! :BigSmile:

:LOL:Love the story but :Badly:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I find placing a mentos in their butt helps a little bit! JUST KIDDING!!!! lol

SoBe is my stinky girl - she can clear out the whole house!

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

I had to giggle a little bit where you said you run to ambush her with baby wipes...I thought I was the only one, lol! I think it's making me a bit cuckoo to tell the truth. Lilo has her feet washed off a couple times a day because she always steps in her own doody and she stinks SOOO bad. Poor thing has had runny poo for almost a week now and I think it's exhausting for us both. The last couple nights she has been closed in the spare room with the litter robot, her bed, and her water because at least if she makes a mess it's contained and not all over the whole house like it has been a couple times.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh Lord! Gummi did this forever! She had stinky runny poos. (the vets found nothing) she would drag her tail through it, yummy! Also after EVERY bath she would run right to the box and squirt poo, and walk all in it. became the litter box police too, trying to wash her up after every BM, because as someone said earlier, hubby's are not amused, lol. It's much harder to deal with poofoot AND listen to the bitching hubby:Dizzy:

Her poo is normal after switching from TOTW, and she has gotten a lot cleaner as she has gotten older, thank goodness!

Back