Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Sweet Angel

myspecialboy

Lairian
I had always wanted a Spynx and promised myself that when I passed my nursing boards, I'd get one as a reward. Well, I looked all over for almost a year when I found a breeder within a few hours of where I live (I didn't want to have him/her shipped). I went with the intention of getting this chocolate boy with big, blue eyes, but when I met him, there was no chemistry. He just sat on my lap and didn't interact with me. The breeder then let me play with a little red girl who was just a sweetheart! She played with me and was more interested in me than the chocolate boy could even pretend. I took my friend, Danielle, with me and we were about to go to the bank to get cash because I forgot my checkbook. The breeder told me that she had the red girl's brother at the vet and was about to pick him up and she asked if we would like to follow her and meet him, too. I was sure I wanted the girl, so I said no thanks. Danielle, however, talked me into going because it was on out way to Louiseville and what would it hurt? So, we go to the vet and they bring out this tiny boy and hand him to me and the first thing he does is reach up and give me kisses! We just stared at each other and he began to purr and I started smiling. The breeder looked at Danielle and said "I think she just found her cat!" I brought him home a week later and we have been a happy family ever since! I took him to the vet to get neutered and he stayed over for two days (his temp got really low from being under and we wanted to be sure he was okay) and I visited him as often as I could without getting on the cat hospital worker's nerves. When I came to pick him up, the joked that they wanted to keep him. I told them that there was no way because I couldn't sleep because he wasn't sleeping with me and I had been miserable without him. They then told me that he hadn't been sleeping much and anytime they got him out of his crate, he would look around the corners as though he was looking for me!
I'm so glad my friend talked me into meeting my Chadwick and changing my life forever. He isn't my cat, he's my child and he gets spoiled like one! He's the only cat I know with a toy box! I think I get spoiled more than he does, though. The day I got him, we were driving through my hometown (I had moved just a year earlier) and I knew my best friend, Katie (my Golden Retriever), was at the vet after having a stroke and was about to be put to sleep when my dad came home from Vegas. I was going to see Katie and introduce our family vet to Chadwick when I found out from my sister that they had put her to rest the day before and they forgot to tell me. Chadwick climbed up and licked away my tears and snuggled in my neck and consoled me. He's been my rock and I'm so lucky to have him in my life.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome, myspecialboy! What a sweet story...it's amazing how our lives change once we get one of these hairless wonders sharing it with us! :Adore:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
What a sad and heart warming story :Cry: I am sorry for your loss of a dear friend. It is amazing the healing powers these little babies have. Can't wait to hear more about Chadwick! :BigSmile:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair myspecialboy! great story, sorry for the loss. its a good thing you listened to your friend, Welcome aboard!
enjoy!

myspecialboy

Lairian
As soon as I get a minute or two, I'll get these pictures up. I have a lot on my phone, but I'm not sure how to get them on here.

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome. What a sweet and loving story. It still amazes me every day that my little two pound wonder can have me as wraped as he dose. And don't worry I think all of them get a toy box evenually, for some reason you just can't help but love and spoil them:BigSmile:

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It's always so nice to know that your not the only one who gets to enjoy having a Sphynx...and it's something that can't really be understood until you actually have one :) It is truly special :) My little boy is the same way....more like my child :)

Back