Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My sweet Dodi

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
image.png
My sweet Dodi passed away, last week, and we are heartbroken. As I make my way through my sadness, anger and grief, I'm beginning to feel fortunate. Dodi lived a long, healthy and loving life and passed away peacefully in her sleep in my daughter's arms. As devastating as that was, it was the perfect way for her to pass. She was not in pain and she was being cuddled by one of her favorite humans.

We adopted Dodi when my daughter (who turns 18 this week) was a toddler. Dodi was 5 months old. My daughter was enamored. She would wrap Dodi in a blanket and carry her around like a baby. Whenever we had company, Dodi was quick to make friends, climbing on chests, necks, demanding attention. Everyone fell in love with her.

As Dodi grew older and my daughter got busier, my two youngest children would argue over who got Dodi. She was always sleeping with one of us. I miss her. I think she has ruined me for any other breed. She was an amazing soul.

Yoda mom

Staff member
((Comforting hugs)))) thank you for sharing her beautiful photo and sweet memories
May each special memory of Dodi's amazing soul fill your hearts

She certainly was in the arms of comfort and love when she flew on angel wings

She knew love because of you and yours

Toa and Ross

Staff member
So very sorry for the loss of your Dodi. Must be very hard for your daughter too who grew up with Dodi in her life. Glad she hold him when he passed away. Big hugs for you and your family.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So very very sorry ! But what a wonderful life you gave to her ,
Sending massive hugs
Anita Cleo & Bagins xxx❤️❤️❤️

Robin Matsumoto

Lairian
View attachment 83375 My sweet Dodi passed away, last week, and we are heartbroken. As I make my way through my sadness, anger and grief, I'm beginning to feel fortunate. Dodi lived a long, healthy and loving life and passed away peacefully in her sleep in my daughter's arms. As devastating as that was, it was the perfect way for her to pass. She was not in pain and she was being cuddled by one of her favorite humans.

We adopted Dodi when my daughter (who turns 18 this week) was a toddler. Dodi was 5 months old. My daughter was enamored. She would wrap Dodi in a blanket and carry her around like a baby. Whenever we had company, Dodi was quick to make friends, climbing on chests, necks, demanding attention. Everyone fell in love with her.

As Dodi grew older and my daughter got busier, my two youngest children would argue over who got Dodi. She was always sleeping with one of us. I miss her. I think she has ruined me for any other breed. She was an amazing soul.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Traci Smith

Lairian
Hearing those tales always get me!!! So sorry, we lost our girl mid summer. I am so happy to hear you had such a long time to enjoy Dodi! Those kid pics with them will always be so special! Be well!
5e39432b8823703354adb3045fc94508.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back