Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My sweet sphynx developed a red spot overnight

MFBeauty

Lairian
image.jpg
Anubis is 5 months old she has been on the same diet the breeder told me she was on which is instinct raw boost high protein kibble + raw chicken bites all life stages. I give her treats 2 a day & she also enjoys 1 tablespoon of raw instinct salmon bites. She is active & playful as always. I don’t know what could have caused this red spot. The only thing that was different was the last bag of instinct I bought had black specks throughout & smeared on the bag, I called instinct customer service & they sent me an email to acquire the pictures they said it was normal from there ovens but my husband suspects is machine grease and is was thick and slick. Went 3 days with us watching over spot it dId improve besides her rubbing it on things around the house. Now this morning 2 more small spots appeared. Could this be from the grease found in a food or another allergen?

Sheldon13

Staff member
I couldn’t hazard a guess what the allergy is but I’d say it definitely does look like an allergic response. Are you seeing any improvement? If not, I’d say it’s time for a vet. You can ask them over the phone if it’s ok to give some Benadryl as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MFBeauty

Lairian
I couldn’t hazard a guess what the allergy is but I’d say it definitely does look like an allergic response. Are you seeing any improvement? If not, I’d say it’s time for a vet. You can ask them over the phone if it’s ok to give some Benadryl as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPhone using
How long have you had your baby? @MFBeauty
Anubis has an appointment to see her vet in 2 weeks. This is the soonest she could get her in. I will call today as soon as they open to ask about the Benadryl, thank you for this suggestion. After looking at her this morning the spot looks better, I put a light shirt on her because I’ve noticed she tries scratching it my licking it with her tongue. Anubis was born 03/01/2022 she is 5 months. I was thinking about maybe switching her food brands completely? Since the incident with the “oven grease” I can’t help but think this had something to do with her reaction..Here is a picture of her in her T-shirt

Attachments

• 5913694E-1D5C-4D47-8E48-D51FDC9C931E.jpeg
    5913694E-1D5C-4D47-8E48-D51FDC9C931E.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: