Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Nancy

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
this is Nancy, she's very cute and loving, naughty as sin and loves to dig her claws into sunburn!! She enjoys biting your bum and licking your eyelids at 5am and also cat slapping till you wake up!! She hates baths and having her nails trimmed, and also prefers adult cat food as appose to the kitten food I spend fortunes on, lucky for me flo prefers Nancy's food as appose to her food :) since getting Nancy, I've suffered a sliced toe, scratched up back, hands and arms when I've not been quick enough to stop a cat fight before it begins and a jealous flo cat who feels her nose has well and truly been pushed out (though she's probably the most pampered cat known to man) !! However I love them both very much, welcome nancy!!

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww this made me smile n giggle, sooooo sweet! Nancy suits her name so much! I think we have all experienced the scratches, disturbed sleep! Oh and not to mention damaged clothes, I used to be smart before Binky :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Lol...loved reading your day in the life of moments and I know first hand you would want it any other way. Keep the updates and pictures coming.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 85212 View attachment 85213 View attachment 85214 View attachment 85215 this is Nancy, she's very cute and loving, naughty as sin and loves to dig her claws into sunburn!! She enjoys biting your bum and licking your eyelids at 5am and also cat slapping till you wake up!! She hates baths and having her nails trimmed, and also prefers adult cat food as appose to the kitten food I spend fortunes on, lucky for me flo prefers Nancy's food as appose to her food :) since getting Nancy, I've suffered a sliced toe, scratched up back, hands and arms when I've not been quick enough to stop a cat fight before it begins and a jealous flo cat who feels her nose has well and truly been pushed out (though she's probably the most pampered cat known to man) !! However I love them both very much, welcome nancy!!
What a cutie! :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Love rea ding your introduction about Nancy. What a purrfect sphynx she is with her totally sphynx attitude.

Thanks Nancy for making your mommy laugh!

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Aww this made me smile n giggle, sooooo sweet! Nancy suits her name so much! I think we have all experienced the scratches, disturbed sleep! Oh and not to mention damaged clothes, I used to be smart before Binky :)
I hear you on that one!!

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lol...loved reading your day in the life of moments and I know first hand you would want it any other way. Keep the updates and pictures coming.
No of course not!! I just really need to work on her and FLO getting along because it's becoming a nightmare!! I will crack it eventually I hope!! My war wounds so far!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 46

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Love rea ding your introduction about Nancy. What a purrfect sphynx she is with her totally sphynx attitude.

Thanks Nancy for making your mommy laugh!
:) you know me though!! The worry wart I am, it's botherin me they're not getting on, especially after what happened with glenda, I'm trying desperately for niether of them to be stressed but it's hard!!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
:) you know me though!! The worry wart I am, it's botherin me they're not getting on, especially after what happened with glenda, I'm trying desperately for niether of them to be stressed but it's hard!!

I know sweety, big hugs for you.

Nancy, keep making mommy laughing. She needs it

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Nancy keeps sneezing a lot, and doing a weird thing, she’s at the vets for a booster tomorrow so I will ask them but I’m worried

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Amy31 sending healing vibes to Nancy. And positive vibes to you. Remember...all cats have some health issues now and then, it doesn't have to mean there's something really wrong.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So vet was happy with Nancy, said she could possibly have a respiratory infection but she had good air flow and chest sounded fine, so she had her jab and was told to keep an eye on her, now she’s lying in me and is sooo snuffly and like you know when we have colds and you breath and you sound all crackly? She’s like that, she’s not sneezed or anything for awhile so I’m wondering if she’s possibly got hay fever? It’s been warm here at the moment, she’s fine in herself playing and what not so I’ll keep at eye on her and see how she goes and I’ll take her back

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Did your vet prescribe an antibiotic?
No, she said her chest seemed clear and she had good airflow so to keep an eye, but this has just started within the last hour or so, it’s not constant and she’s done the weird reverse sneezing thing and hasn’t cracked since, but someone else has said it could be her heart and to go to the vets, I’m going out of my mind, it’s late but I don’t know if I should take her to the emergency vets now, or wait till the morning I’m so worried now I don’t know what to do

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
And I only like to see a specific vet but because he’s the owner he doesn’t see you just for vaccines, and the girl I saw is the girl I saw when I first knew lucifer was I’ll and she said the same then so I really don’t trust her and I knew I shouldn’t have let her see Nancy i just thought for a vaccine it would be okay and that I was probably just being harsh cause I did end up shouting at her once when Lucifer was sick so now I try not to be as bad but I’m so worried

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
When we brought Orpheus home he got a cold and was very congested all snuffly like your Nancy sounds. He had a high temperature and a cough/sneeze that developed after a day of him getting sick. He also wasn't super keen on food. We took him to the vet and they gave him something for his fever and we opted for some blood test/urine culture to make sure. Once his tests came back the next day and everything was negative and we ended up giving him a course of antibiotics to be safe and just clear him up.

I know it's hard not to worry but try to be calm and don't always listen to the internet haha.

Is Nancy eating? Going to the toilet? Etc if so I'm sure she is fine but I would suggest making a new appointment and looking at some antibiotics just in case.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
When we brought Orpheus home he got a cold and was very congested all snuffly like your Nancy sounds. He had a high temperature and a cough/sneeze that developed after a day of him getting sick. He also wasn't super keen on food. We took him to the vet and they gave him something for his fever and we opted for some blood test/urine culture to make sure. Once his tests came back the next day and everything was negative and we ended up giving him a course of antibiotics to be safe and just clear him up.

I know it's hard not to worry but try to be calm and don't always listen to the internet haha.

Is Nancy eating? Going to the toilet? Etc if so I'm sure she is fine but I would suggest making a new appointment and looking at some antibiotics just in case.
I’m glad your boy was okay, yes she’s eating drinking and using the toilet, she’s just not as hyper normally she’s swinging off my curtains but she’s just been wanting to lie on me, I will take her to the emergency vets, thank you xx

Back