Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

oilyanimalhuman

Lairian
Hi, I have been reading articles about detoxification for animals and cats and would like some advice on it, please. What would you recommend for a natural detoxification? How would you give your animal green tea for detoxification? Do you put one green tea bag in their drinking bowl and then remove it after a few minutes? Or do you boil the green tea bag and then remove it and let the water cool down? Would you do it weekly or monthly? What would you recommend for doing a herbal bath or oatmeal bath and how often? I know this may sound silly as I've never really heard of it before but would it be safe to do a clay mask detox? As in putting benonite clay and water all over the skin. As I know that's very detoxing for humans and their skins. Have you ever heard of or had any experience with milk thistle and dandelion. probiotic supplements. prebiotics. l-glutamine. slippery elm. And what detox bar would you recommend? Please let me know what you think with your advice! Thank you!

alandsim

Lairian
What is going on with your cat that makes you think they need a detox? Is it something with their skin? because if so, members might be able to help with grooming tips!

I would be very cautious because human skincare principles do not always safely transfer to kitties!

oilyanimalhuman

Lairian
I was just curious about monthly natural detoxifications for animals and cats as I know there are natural detoxifications for humans and toxins. Like a monthly natural detoxification. I would really appreciate any advice or experiences on it! And any advice on animal skincare too would be appreciated! Thank you!

alandsim

Lairian
Never heard of or thought of it before. I just try to feed my animals the highest quality food I can and use products that I feel good about in the hopes that they won't need detoxification if that makes sense!

Their diets, grooming routines and environment are a lot less varied than humans' so we have a lot of control over what toxins they would come in contact with. I would think they wouldn't be in need of that sort of thing.

In your case it looks like you're taking a lot of steps to give them the best quality of life possible, even doing a raw diet, so I'm sure your pets are in great shape!

I will be interested to see if other members have experience with doing a detoxification, but if your kitties are healthy I wouldn't think you NEED to do it.

In the Help Center there's lots of threads compiling member knowledge on bathing, grooming and common skin conditions. I know I have learned a lot from them! Sphynx Cat Help Center

Back