Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

mamak

Lairian
Hi, All!!

I’m a first time sphynx mama & my baby will be coming home inJune. I have been researching several litters and I see most of you all use Dr. Elsey’s or the Clump & Seal litters but I’m hoping to find one that is biodegradable as clay litters are so hard on the earth. I’m considering using Okocat brand but I’m wondering if anyone else has used it and how it worked for them? Does anyone know of a good biodegradable litter that clumps well & controls odors? TIA!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Grass litter! Grass litter! GRASS LITTER! Lol but seriously it’s the best. Name brand is SmartCat. I use Chewy’s Frisco’s Cat Litter for half the price. Just as good.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

mamak

Lairian
Grass litter! Grass litter! GRASS LITTER! Lol but seriously it’s the best. Name brand is SmartCat. I use Chewy’s Frisco’s Cat Litter for half the price. Just as good.

Does it have good odor control? I’m worried about that as I live in less than 1,000 sqft!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Well I would say yes, simply because it is so effective at clumping. As long as you are scooping out the pee balls daily and getting the poop as soon as you know it’s there you should have no problems. It is unscented? Which is preferred for Sphynx’s sensitive skin.

Goodolben

Lairian
We use Swheat premium+ (the one in the orange and white bag) and have since we brought our goblins home as we'd planned to toilet train from the beginning. It's a little pricey, but it's biodegradable, flushable and allegedly eco-friendly. The odor control is great provided it's not completely sodden. Only downside apart from the price is that the granules are fairly large, so if the cat tracks some around and you step on it, you'll feel it like some gravel in your shoe. Sweep often and no problem.