Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

sphynxtails

Lairian
I’m wondering which shampoo people have found to be the best? Initially I visited Whiskers Holistic Pet Care store in 2013 and was recommend a shampoo from a brand called Gold, but this was discontinued within a couple of years. I was then recommended an algae shampoo from same pet store, and used this until 2018 when we moved to LA. Since this time I’ve tried Hylyt shampoo and more recently Nature’s Specialities (coconut clean shampoo) and Renewed Pet (sensitive shampoo for hairless pets) and feel I’m yet to find the perfect shampoo... My issue with Hylyt is even though it cleans and leaves my babies soft, when they sweat they’re left a dry grubby film on their skin that they don’t tend to have with other shampoos, plus I called Bayer (the manufacturer) and although this particular product isn’t tested on animals, some of the ingredients are, and I only buy cruelty-free for ethical reasons. Nature’s Specialities shampoo over-cleaned our sphynxes a bit and I found they got grubby quicker. Renewed Pet shampoo is very softening (as is the conditioner) but the product doesn’t lather, so when you have six grubsters to clean the product not only goes down fast, but speed-washing the ones who hate bath time is that more time-consuming. The Renewed Pet owner told me to apply the product straight to the exfoliating gloves and rub together, so I’m considering buying another bottle of Renewed Pet shampoo but wanted to check if anyone had found the ideal shampoo that keeps their skin soft, prevents them from getting grubby too quick, and is time-efficient to use during bath time.

I’ve also started bathing our sphynxes once per week (was once a fortnight to month) because the dirt is getting to me so much.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• 6770BD58-F789-46CD-961D-CC7477052E6F.jpeg
    6770BD58-F789-46CD-961D-CC7477052E6F.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 28

Sphynx Cuddles

Lairian
I’m wondering which shampoo people have found to be the best? Initially I visited Whiskers Holistic Pet Care store in 2013 and was recommend a shampoo from a brand called Gold, but this was discontinued within a couple of years. I was then recommended an algae shampoo from same pet store, and used this until 2018 when we moved to LA. Since this time I’ve tried Hylyt shampoo and more recently Nature’s Specialities (coconut clean shampoo) and Renewed Pet (sensitive shampoo for hairless pets) and feel I’m yet to find the perfect shampoo... My issue with Hylyt is even though it cleans and leaves my babies soft, when they sweat they’re left a dry grubby film on their skin that they don’t tend to have with other shampoos, plus I called Bayer (the manufacturer) and although this particular product isn’t tested on animals, some of the ingredients are, and I only buy cruelty-free for ethical reasons. Nature’s Specialities shampoo over-cleaned our sphynxes a bit and I found they got grubby quicker. Renewed Pet shampoo is very softening (as is the conditioner) but the product doesn’t lather, so when you have six grubsters to clean the product not only goes down fast, but speed-washing the ones who hate bath time is that more time-consuming. The Renewed Pet owner told me to apply the product straight to the exfoliating gloves and rub together, so I’m considering buying another bottle of Renewed Pet shampoo but wanted to check if anyone had found the ideal shampoo that keeps their skin soft, prevents them from getting grubby too quick, and is time-efficient to use during bath time.

I’ve also started bathing our sphynxes once per week (was once a fortnight to month) because the dirt is getting to me so much.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
I’m no help regarding the shampoo since I’m still researching/investigating and don’t have a naked yet; however, I just wanted to note what a beautiful baby you have there!!! I’m sure the other 5 are precious as well!!!

sphynxtails

Lairian
I’m no help regarding the shampoo since I’m still researching/investigating and don’t have a naked yet; however, I just wanted to note what a beautiful baby you have there!!! I’m sure the other 5 are precious as well!!!
Thank you, yes they’re all beauties!

Attachments

• 6FE5011E-7DC0-4633-89C4-ADF6D8640AFF.jpeg
    6FE5011E-7DC0-4633-89C4-ADF6D8640AFF.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 23
  • 129DD6B5-BF79-4FDE-A38E-5BA25999B645.jpeg
    129DD6B5-BF79-4FDE-A38E-5BA25999B645.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 6A418F56-E88C-42E5-ABD7-9B1A6F626310.jpeg
    6A418F56-E88C-42E5-ABD7-9B1A6F626310.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 2540703D-1D91-40B6-844D-A1F2D1BF1CF1.jpeg
    2540703D-1D91-40B6-844D-A1F2D1BF1CF1.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 24

sphynxtails

Lairian
I’ve reposted this under sphynx cat questions as I see more people talking about shampoo and things of that nature there (I would’ve thought it was skin health, I hardly ever let mine out in the sun!), so maybe they will delete this post... I don’t see how to? Thanks for your input, sphynx fanatics!

sphynxtails

Lairian
Oh! I just found these from the pet store where I acquired the first two products years ago in New York... I’m going to try one of them!!! The soap bar doesn’t sound like a bad idea : )

Back