Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

naughty little kitty

dizzynita

Lairian
I have a 7 week old bengal x sphynx We are really trying hard to make sure he uses ]the litter tray although accidents are bound to happen ! twice we have put him in the litter tray several times persistantly, just when we have gone to bed he wets our covers not only this he is the most ravenous eater I have ever seen , wen i give him any form of meat or fish he is like a mini wild cat ,just cant get enough although the noises he makes are funny , I know part of this could be because of being taken away from his mother so young but any advice on how to train him more and calm his eating habits down ?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Just be persistent with the litter training, put the cat in the box, show him by grabbing the paw and making him scratch the litter. He will eventually get it. As far as the food, if he is eating too fast there are special bowels to help with this, see picture.

Attachments

• slow_feed_bowl.jpg
    slow_feed_bowl.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 9

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Oh gosh a cat not using the box is not fun:ThumbsDown: & weeks is young to leave mom but what is done is done. I always have our kittens trained by 5 weeks. Key for me is that they do not get free rome of the house until they are all going in the litter box. You can try putting your kitty with the litter box in a smaller room like the bathroom or a larger closet, find a spot that works for you and sit with him and just a bit after he eats and put him in the box over an aver until he goes in it. This can take 5 min or 5 hours, but should do the trick.

beeblebrox

Lairian
How large is the area you are keeping him in. 7 weeks is extremely young. When litter training kitties, I keep them in a confined area. I gradually increase the size of the area until I am confident they know exactly where to go.

Bengal x sphynx? LOL. I'm curious where he came from. I almost did that by accident a couple years ago!