Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Neala is at the Bridge

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
"Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die."

At 2:17 AM this morning, I received a call from the Veterinarian Surgical Center of Nevada. I knew it was bad before I answered the phone because you don't receive pre-dawn phone calls for no apparent reason.

The tech said quickly in hushed tones that Neala's breathing had worsened and they were trying to intubate her, but they were having a difficult time doing so. As she spoke, I think the situation changed for she said they were beginning CPR on Neala.
She asked if I could drive down there immediately and I did.
Neala was gone before I arrived... Her tiny body simply could take no more. They tried CPR, but her heart would not restart. She was ready to go to the Rainbow Bridge and like any other tortie, she decided when she was ready and she did it.
There are a million things I could say... Out of all of the outpouring of support, it is still a uniquely singular feeling to lose a pet you have loved. I was all alone in that room, the room we had visited Neala in before, holding her and rocking her, our little baby girl.
I asked on my drive back to the hotel why didn't we get any miracles? Why couldn't we simply get a miracle?
And yet, the answer came to me- we did. Neala and I had you. All of you.
From Amanda, Coury, and Szandora, to the Jacki, to Sammi, who talked to me incessantly on my cell phone as I held her tiny body and rocked, to the Catblogosphere who enveloped Neala, no questions asked, from the moment they read of her plight. To the people who volunteered their money for her surgery, to the people who volunteered their time looking for surgeons, to the people who sent us their love and prayers. We had our miracle- and it was found it all of you.
For you, the unknown people, to wrap Neala, not a stray found on the streets, but a baby Sphynx born into my hands, into your hearts- for you to wrap her into your lives as all of you have done- that was our miracle.
Thank you, from me, and from my little angel... Thank you all.
What can we ask of you in this time of need? Remember the symptoms of Persistent Right Aortic Arch, for those who breed- remember, these are lives we chose to bring into this world and we are responsible for them.
To my Neala... My little spunky, funny, sweet girl... Thank you for giving me the gift of your purr. Thank you for touching so many hearts. Thank you, sweet little girl, for reminding us all to continue to fight the good fight for all animals on this earth.
"Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die."

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am so so sorry. I'm crying my heart out at my desk. :Cry:

She put up such a fight and was a true true soldier. May she find peace and happiness playing with all our babies waiting to great her.

I send all my love to you and wish i could give you a big hug. you are such a wonderful mumma.

Neala you will always be remembered as you touched so many people's lives. Your story has made others more aware of something many (including myself) were ignorant of and for that you have enriched us all. I', sad you lost your fight but i'm glad you had such a wonderful mumma to love you and look after you while you were with us.

R.I.P sweet angel

XxXxX

tessblack

Banned
First thing this am I got up in my hotel to check this and really did not want to have to read this. I am so sorry to hear about her passing, so upsetting. Was thinking about it when I went to sleep and as soon as I got up. My thoughts are with you right now, and how much she was loved. RIP Neala
:Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry:

When I read this, I started to cry. And I don't think I've cried this hard in years. Who knew that a tiny kitten that I've never met could make me feel so many emotions at once. Grief, longing, anger, pain, loss......the list goes on.

I'm truely sorry for your loss and I hope you find some comfort in knowing that she's not suffering anymore, and that she knew how much you loved her. How much we all loved her.

Rest in peace little Neala........know that you were loved and touched so many lives.

LLevenson

Lairian
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. It is amazing that in this time of sorrow you are able to see the miracle around you--definitely a gift from Neala!

I broke down when I read the news of her passing. This wee baby touched so many of us and we were all captivated by this precious kitten that we had never met but cared for so much! Neala was a lucky kitten to have such a great Mommy who did the very best by her! My hugs and thoughts go out to you at this time.

Thank you for coming into all of our lives sweet angel Neala!! Snuggle and play with all of our babies who are there to greet you at the Bridge.

RIP xxxxxxxx

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm crying for Neala and for all the kitties everyone has loved and lost. I wish I had some words of comfort but I just don't. All you can do is try to find peace that she isn't suffering anymore. God Bless.

Nair Bare

Lairian
Just remember that Neala is as close as she can be to you forever after. She will be safe deep within your heart and only a single thought away.
May you find comfort soon. We are all so close to each other here on SL, that when one of us cries, all the others can taste the salt of your tears.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh gosh... as i read this i cried.. instantly... the tears just started flowing. I do not know you and Neala...but i feel for you two and your families. It is never hard to loose a loved one. And i truly believe that sometimes it's harder to loose our animals, then say, our extended family. Our animals sleep with us every night, they run to us and snuggle when they know we are sad, they depend on us for their survival.
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Neala was brought to your family for a reason. I'm so sorry :(

Treasurecat

Banned
I;m so sorry to read this. I just got home from work and this was the first thing I went to. I thought about her several times today and wondered how she was. i am so so sorry. I'm bawling over a little baby I only knew on here, I can't imagine the hole in your heart. Please be comforted in knowing you did all you could for her

Inferno12

Banned
This upset me so bad that I could not finish reading until now. I feel so bad for you. You gave your all for her and dont ever forget that. She will leave a special spot in all of our hearts. I know its hard for you to think positive right now but know you did your best for her and she knew it. You are an amazing woman for what you went through for her. Im so sorry:Cry::Cry::Cry:

KushielsTart

Lairian
I am so sorry to hear it. We recently lost a baby too, and I understand. May the pain pass quickly and the memories stay strong. Lots of hugs to you.

Back