Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Need advice

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hahaha! No, no real mice here. I thought I included a link to them. My apologies for the confusion.

They are little plastic containers with mice shape soft exteriors that you can feed dry food in. The containers can be washed in the dishwasher and the exterior mice can be washed in the washing machine. The idea is to have the cat "hunt" for their food. They can be placed in different areas and the cat has to find them. I have to keep them in one room that the dogs cannot get to. Once they get them they have to bat or pick up the mouse just like catching a real mouse (I would assume) to get any of the dry kibble out. It keeps them from overeating and can help with weight. They recommend 5 of their feeding spoons daily since I also give wet food I usually give Aggie them in the am and pm. It has definitely helped with her eating too fast and vomiting.

View attachment 93308
Hello love !
Oh phewwww thank goodness ah ha I am a terrible scardie cat ah ha I bet they are great fun for the kitty as well
Xxx❤❤❤❤Xx

alandsim

Lairian
I recently got these little treat dispensing balls to fill out my last chewy order and Sim seems to really like them so I wonder if she'd be into the mice! She only gets like 1/3 cup dry food a day though so maybe not worth the investment.

Sim actually woke me up by meowing at what I thought was close to 5am this morning and I stumbled downstairs with her to feed her and climb back into bed till 6. But, she later started meowing outside our door to come back in and I saw it was only a little after 1, so that stinker got a midnight snack!

kauna

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I recently got these little treat dispensing balls to fill out my last chewy order and Sim seems to really like them so I wonder if she'd be into the mice! She only gets like 1/3 cup dry food a day though so maybe not worth the investment.

Sim actually woke me up by meowing at what I thought was close to 5am this morning and I stumbled downstairs with her to feed her and climb back into bed till 6. But, she later started meowing outside our door to come back in and I saw it was only a little after 1, so that stinker got a midnight snack!
She might like them. You don't have to give all of the mice to her at once. The measuring spoon that comes with is 1.6 tbs, so you can figure what 1/3 cup would be using their measuring spoon. Or you could divide the 1/3 into 3 mice and give her 1 every 8hrs or so to divide it throughout the day. Just a thought.

haha, what a little stinker to get a midnight snack! Aggie does that to me sometimes also though. She can be such a pest when she wants food.