Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Need help finding online stores for sphynx clothing

Sloan bonhomme

Lairian
i live up in canada so it tends to get cold during winter and i want my cat to be as comfortable in my house as i would be in a t shirt n pants is that warm enough for her or should i get her some clothes?
If so what are some store names/websites?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Mine don't wear clothes. I have blankets throughout the house and they love to burrow. PetSmart and PetCo have clothes as well as online at Amazon and Etsy. Members can PM you specific makers if they have liked certain ones.

Patti

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sloan bonhomme ,I also have several throw blankets instead of clothes (only for photo ops here)

I don't do clothes with mine because I found they got stuck on/in them causing a hazard - one within 5 minutes got her dewclaw caught on her custom made to size shirt and got her leg stuck while she was sitting in a high place - glad I was standing there- and I trim nails regularly - she could have fell and got hurt- that cured me of clothing
I feel safer with the 50x60 throws here and there-
They are very resourceful to keep their naked butts warm :)

I know others can chime I with PM of clothing companies they prefer and have good luck with-

**Shirts can come on two arm hole or one hole in which both legs are free roaming in front area-

My favorite are their custom made one arm hole shirts that my adoptees first mum made for all 4 of my nakeds as a surprise gift

Just didn't work for me to leave clothes on unsupervised - maybe my four are too rowdy together :)

Last edited:

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yes, I have also had good luck on etsy. No one really wears clothes like my old crew did so I have a bin of shirts that are not really being used

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Sloan bonhomme my boys don't wear clothes to stay warm. I make sure my house is warm enough. If you feel it's warm enough to walk in a t-shirt in your house it sure will be warm enough for your sphynx! I also have a lot of blankets in the house and they have a iglo with a blanket where they can snuggle.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Izmae doesn't wear clothes. WILL NOT, NO WAY wear clothes.
But, I have throws all the rooms she is in, plus she can get in bed.
If they get cold they will get warm.
Just make sure they have these, even, if you buy clothes and they
wear them. Just don't leave them on all the time, their skin needs to breathe.
Plus, don't leave her home alone in clothes.

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Rosie has clothes for at home when we are home to supervise and to go outside, or visiting the shops etc.
I bought a few little jumpers off eBay at Small Dog Cat Pet Warm Knit Coat Sweater Puppy Apparel Clothes 6 Sizes XS-XXL
They are great quality clothes and perfect to keep her warm on her outdoor adventures, but she's absolutely and strictly naked unless we are there to supervise, just in case of accidents. When she's cold with no clothes, she's quick to burrow under blankets, throws or our freshly washed clothes! They are very smart and know how to find a warm snuggle spot, so clothing isn't essential. It's great for going places though, particularly in the colder weather.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I use Aliexpress (Clothing & Shoes Directory of Jumpsuits & Rompers, Dog Accessories and more on Aliexpress.com)

But be warned... they quality is not amazing (but acceptable), it will take forever to get to you, and I had one seller that I had to obtain a refund from for not sending the item. However, they are inexpensive and I felt that until Max stops growing, this is a good option.

Once Max has finished growing then I'm happy to buy some really nice duds!

Nudie Patootie

Lairian
We live in Minnesota where the winters bring long stretches of subzero weather. We have heated floors in the main rooms, use heated throws, blankets and cat caves to help keep them warm, but we use the barefoot test as our rule of thumb. If we can't comfortably walk around barefoot because our feet our too cold, it is too cold for our babies to be naked. Comfort and a solid fit are the most important elements when it comes to choosing clothes. If your baby is new to clothing, try using a soft cotton knit shirt that fits well first! We have seen great results from baby soft knits and organics on our friends who either hate clothes or have skin sensitivities. Also, start slowly and use supervision when wearing clothes! After you slip the shirt on, pick your baby up and cuddle them so they know they are okay and can adjust to the feel of the clothing on their bodies! Have some FAVORITE treats on hand to distract them from the new shirt and make the experience positive. Those are just a few small tips that can make the experience of wearing clothes a little easier for them!

Sincerely,
Michelle

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pixie hates her fleeces (I think they are too restrictive for her) but doesn't mind the baby tee I picked up at a charity shop.
So start with a lightweight, non restrictive first. Infant clothes from second hand shops work well and aren't too expensive.

Dublin Riis

Lairian
You can't go wrong @Sloan bonhomme with @Nudie Patootie clothing for your kitty. They know their stuff with sizing. Dublin is 8.5 lbs with a long, narrow body and when his flannels arrived, they fit PURRRRfectly. Lots and lots of choices of colors and patterns. You'll get dizzy just trying to pick a couple outfits out and not their entire stock! Happy shopping!

TatyanaMassey

Lairian
Franklin is just now big enough where he fits into any clothes at all. For super cheap easy options I like to get just regular dog or "pet" clothing from Wish or Ebay. It may take awhile to get to you though. This time of year Walmart has pet sweaters and at 3lbs Frankie can wear the xxsmall

Nudie Patootie

Lairian
You can't go wrong @Sloan bonhomme with @Nudie Patootie clothing for your kitty. They know their stuff with sizing. Dublin is 8.5 lbs with a long, narrow body and when his flannels arrived, they fit PURRRRfectly. Lots and lots of choices of colors and patterns. You'll get dizzy just trying to pick a couple outfits out and not their entire stock! Happy shopping!
Aw, thank you! ❤️

Nudie Patootie

Lairian
Hi everyone, I jus read through all of the posts and I am going to write this from an owners perspective, even though I sell clothes. I live in a cold state and we have five sphynx between my daughter and myself. We have tried clothes from eBay and dog clothes from pet stores and other vendors. Yes, we even did the socks. Every time we tried them, the necks were too loose, they were like crop tops, they bagged away from the body (and their feet got caught). Most importantly, dog clothes don’t always use fabrics that are conducive to the movements of a cat. My biggest advice if you are purchasing shirts this way, take the time to grab a needle and thread to make adjustments for the sake of safety.

Fit is EVERYTHING. If you want or need your cat to seriously wear clothes, measure and weigh (every season). Our sphynx and many others I know, wear their clothes for 2 days before a change. They never trip, get caught, or come out of them. I know most cat clothes vendors are happy to help you size, so take advantage of that before you order. The happiest owners and kitties are the ones who take the time to size correctly.

Not every sphynx will need clothes., but if you live in a place that is freezing cold, you want your cat to be successful from the start. Remember, what works for one sphynx family, doesn’t always work for everyone. You need to evaluate your own living environment. In Minnesota, mine would be slaves to their heated blankets without their fleece on. I’d rather have them running on their wheel, chasing their toys and out and about with the family. Most of all, I don’t want them pulling away when I pick them up with ice cold hands. Naked is always the best, but if your weather doesn’t allow it, find clothes that are cut for a cat’s body, provide coverage (crop tops are not warm!) and are safe—your baby will thank you!

Happy Holidays!
Michelle

Back