Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The Earl Grey

Lairian
My sweet girl Gretchen has IBD. We confirmed with biopsies taken when I had her spayed. The vet started her on Prednisone and Metronidazole. I wanted to stray from prolonged steroid use and opted to look into her diet

Years ago I came across a post on here recommending Evangers Dry Cat Food - Meat Medley or their canned rabbit. Both of these have worked fantastically for my girl for quite some time. It appears though that Evangers recently stopped the manufacturing of the dry food :[ First it stopped showing up on Chewy, then became overpriced on Amazon and finally not even searchable on Evangers website

So I ask you all for your knowledge! So far she has only been able to stomach Rabbit. Poultry is a definite no go

Thank you in advance

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Have you looked into raw? There is an amazing facebook group called Raw Feeding for IBD cats. The people who run it created a product and website www.foodfurlife.com that has tons of nutrition and health articles about IBD.

Molly has IBD, and has had it for 3 or 4 years now. She is 6 years old now and in good health. We manage it with raw diet and the supplements Slippery Elm Bark and S. Boulardii. I have not had to put her on prednisolone or any vet meds in a very long time.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Stella & Chewy's Absolutely Rabbit Dinner Morsels Freeze-Dried Raw Cat Food, 3.5-oz bag

Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Selected Protein Adult PR

Primal Rabbit Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Cat Food

These are some items I used when one of my sphynx was in a rabbit only diet. Check em out. I use freeze dried raw diet for a couple of my cats.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@The Earl Grey ,
Head smooches to Gretchen
Will be following closely for updates

My IBD kitty does great on
Nutrisource cAt and kitten formula or
Fromm Game Bird recipe

She prefers the Nutrisource good for gut health and no meds now
for over a year
Cat & Kitten Chicken Meal, Salmon & Liver Cat Food - NutriSource Pet Foods
I get at Hollywood feed online some boutique pet shops can order it

I have my whole crew on it amd no poo or skin issues
(I used to feed Acana but they were very greasy skinned )

Last edited:
Back