Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

need members' help with sphynxlair issue, please!

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi Everyone! I have been a member for awhile now, & occassionally have a sign-in issue - I am putting this out for everyone in the hope that someone will know the answer. When I start to type in my log-in name, another name pops down that is not my log-in name. This seemed very suspicious to me.:Angry: That log-in name reads STAG. Can anyone out there tell me whatthis means, since I have never typed that word in as a log-in name ? I change my password periodically as a safeguard.

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Is that your login for anything else online? If so, Internet Explorer might just be set to save all your "forms" data. You an always try going to TOOLS then INTERNET OPTIONS then DELETE button under History and check the box next to FORM DATA and then click the DELETE button at the bottom of that window to finish. That's one way to start ruling things out.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I haven't had that issue with this site, but experienced something similar with another site after letting my nephew use our computer. Do you share the computer with anyone else? I would start with Bean406's tips and see if that helps. Good luck.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
There is a feature from Microsoft called auto-fill. It remembers the usernames used and populates the password field accordingly. I'm guessing that at one point you had a typo and MS remembered it thinking it was a valid username. Maybe kitty accidentally got up on the keyboard.

I have the same issue with my gmail account. It's such a minor problem that I never thought about fixing it. I'm sure there is a way though.

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks for the info. I am not the most computer literate person, so I was kind of suspicious. I have never uswed that name as a log-in.