Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Need some wishful thinking sent....

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I applied for a Pathology Assistant's position yesterday and I am really hoping I get it. I will be working in the morgue assisting with autopsy's, paperwork and preping autopsy stations. I am so bored with my current job and I need a change in pace and something more challenging. Just hoping for some positive prayers/vibes/thinking to come my way. Thanks! :ThumbsUp:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
A friend of mine works for the Ft. Worth medical examiners office ( city morgue) and believe me we get some very very interesting stories.. morbid/weird/strange/odd/ but interesting. He is NEVER bored at work he says.

In my current job I do go down to the morgue at least once a week and I release the bodies for the funeral homes, or not, if the Coroner needs to be called after I review the decedent's chart. I see quite a bit of gore, weird stuff, strange stuff, stupid stuff and stories, yeah, I've got stories. It's just so damn boring! LOL. I need something that is more hands-on. Enough of my babbling! :BigSmile:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is going to be morbid... but that sounds awesome!!! What a cool job! We are sending good luck, good vibes, crossed fingers and paws, and LOTS of purrrrs!!!:ThumbsUp:

Nahhhh, not morbid at all. My cousin, who is like my sister, Sarah, works in a funeral home, as well as her hubby, and they do the embalmings. When we get together with Sarah and Rob you should hear our dinner convo - THAT is morbid :LOL: We have to remember when we eat out that not everyone around us is so desensitized.

Gizzymom

Banned
Nahhhh, not morbid at all. My cousin, who is like my sister, Sarah, works in a funeral home, as well as her hubby, and they do the embalmings. When we get together with Sarah and Rob you should hear our dinner convo - THAT is morbid :LOL: We have to remember when we eat out that not everyone around us is so desensitized.

Yea... I forget too and sometimes ruin people's appetites! :Impish:

Totally desensitized over here. In grad school, we used to eat sandwiches in cadaver lab... You eat when you have time!! :Laugh:

TotenEngel

Banned
hehe, I remember when I first started working at a vets aged about eleven, I would come home and regale the family with stories of things I'd seen at work and be told off!!

Somethings never change lol, just people know me and almost expect it by now!!!

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yea... I forget too and sometimes ruin people's appetites! :Impish:

Totally desensitized over here. In grad school, we used to eat sandwiches in cadaver lab... You eat when you have time!! :Laugh:

Yep :Woo: I have gone down to the morgue, seen several autopsys happening at the same time, formaldehyde reeking in the air along with other odors and then proceeded to go and have my lunch. You eat when you can. You get used to it.

Back