Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Need the Girls Opinions...

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
OK girls, I need your opinions. We are having our big wedding party in June. I am doing real feel flowers instead of real. These are our centerpieces...what do you think? The color is crappy in the video... if it was too light in the room the centerpiece colors wouldn't show up. So the pic is the exact color of the flowers. Sorry about the shaky camera & messy house in the background!

Attachments

• PC060353.jpg
    PC060353.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator:

Brooke

Banned
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the bright colors!! Definitely fits the "Miami" theme you mentioned in another post. They are very pretty. The light up centerpieces are super cool! :Cool: :ThumbsUp:

saintbabby

Lairian
i think that looks really really cool! but what do you want the tone of your party to be? ambient or playful? if you want the tone to be a little classier while still being a little edgy (the LED lights in the vase look awesome, btw.. whats in there, a color changing bulb with marbles in the vase?) then maybe white or some sort of unified color palate would be good for the flowers, but if you want it to have a fun playful side, then the colored flowers are very nice. i think those look great, too, considering they arent real.

saintbabby

Lairian
But, now that you mention Miami, the colors are just perfect for that theme. dont want to forgo color when going for a Miami theme!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We are both pretty active people so we want it to be pretty crazy. It is actually crystals that look like sea salt you have to soak in water for 12 hours & they turn into a gel in the vase.

saintbabby

Lairian
We are both pretty active people so we want it to be pretty crazy. It is actually crystals that look like sea salt you have to soak in water for 12 hours & they turn into a gel in the vase.

ahh yeah! ive seen those. they seem cool. probably a lot cheaper than marbles, and besides that, you can actually get rid of it at the end of the night instead of being stuck with gallons and gallons of marbles. good call.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Looks very cool I love the light part :ThumbsUp: The colors are great too!
Heavy equipment operator by day, flower designer by night!:Wink:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Looks very cool I love the light part :ThumbsUp: The colors are great too!
Heavy equipment operator by day, flower designer by night!:Wink:

Oh, I wish I designed those; I'm not that talented! Lol I seen a similar centerpiece done by Preston Bailey & the woman who did all the flowers only does real feel flowers... You would think fake would be cheaper.... Ummmmm not, but I love the obnoxious colors. Really weird thing they smell real.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I wish I designed those; I'm not that talented! Lol I seen a similar centerpiece done by Preston Bailey & the woman who did all the flowers only does real feel flowers... You would think fake would be cheaper.... Ummmmm not, but I love the obnoxious colors. Really weird thing they smell real.

Yeh they are alot- when we got married we had real flowers but I couldn't belive the price crazy!
But that is all we paid for my dad paid the rest- and thank god his part included the bar bill!:Surprise:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oooooo that's nice we have to pay for everything, which sux but then people can't really say well I think you should do it this way or don't do this or that, so I guess it makes it easier since nothing I do is very traditional! LOL!:LOL: a lot of people say you can't do it that way... I just tell them it isn't their wedding.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Oooooo that's nice we have to pay for everything, which sux but then people can't really say well I think you should do it this way or don't do this or that, so I guess it makes it easier since nothing I do is very traditional! LOL!:LOL: a lot of people say you can't do it that way... I just tell them it isn't their wedding.

And you make sure you stick to that!
It is your day!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Of course... it isn't til June but I am a perpetual planner & am doing most of the stuff my self so no one else will have the same things at their wedding... I'm weird like that.

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I think all those OCD's you have Kerrie are bound to make everything to perfection! Love the center piece's; like Brooke said has the Miami vibe down! Can't wait to see it all come together!!!!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Very Nice! Love the changing colors. My dtr is getting married one year from now in Oct. We are having tons of fun planning that.:BigSmile:

Back