Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Neediness is a bit much at times.

At times Beerus and champa won't leave me alone like constantly waking me from sleep. ( they aren't hungry). Want to be in my arms when I'm doing something, even if I've played and paid them enough attention. I thought having 2 would let them lean on each other a bit more which they do, but they are still more attached to me than each other. Anybody have these experiences? Are regular kitties as needy as sphynx or is this just my 2?

susi794

Staff member
This is normal for a sphynx. They are sometimes called “velcro cats” as they attach themselves to their owners. It should calm down a bit....but these cats are highly social and want to be with their owners. (All the time.)

Last edited:

Staceyxxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yip my kitty is the same, I only have one and she is honestly my better half at home, she Has recently taken to sleeping in my arms at night and follows me everywhere. I actually love it to be honest.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
At times Beerus and champa won't leave me alone like constantly waking me from sleep. ( they aren't hungry). Want to be in my arms when I'm doing something, even if I've played and paid them enough attention. I thought having 2 would let them lean on each other a bit more which they do, but they are still more attached to me than each other. Anybody have these experiences? Are regular kitties as needy as sphynx or is this just my 2?
Hi there ! Our two take it in turns when you have finished petting one the other wants their turn and so it goes on and on but I love it being house bound they are my one constant feature in my day . I think I rely on them as much as they me cleo loves to suckle on my hand while Bagins just wants his head rubbed .. they make the purrrfect tag team ah ha
Xxx