Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Nelson & Mandy HCM Scans tomorrow...

Tomorrow is a big day - Nelson and Mandy are having their first HCM scans done by a cardiologist at the University of Florida. Everybody cross your fingers, send good vibes, pray, especially for Nelson since he was diagnosed with a murmur a month ago. I've been quietly panicking over it, and I'll know for sure tomorrow if he's got a problem...:Sad:

In addition to my two kitties, I'm going to UF with a few other people and will be spending the day with 8 other sphynx cats who are also getting scanned!! jealous?? :LOL: Fingers crossed that all 10 of our sphynx come back negative for HCM.

Fingers, toes, eyes and mood crossed :Laugh:

You guys are going out for sushi without me, aren't you? :LOL:
Can you imagine us schlepping 10 naked cats into a sushi bar?? The owners would freak out about the cats and the cats would freak out over the fish...it would be a CATastrophe! :LOL:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wishing Mandy and Nelson all the best tomorrow. There better be 10 negative scans. <Sophie felt very strongly about that statement too because she just pounced on her undercover mouse so hard that it THUMPED loudly and knocked the stick off.>

:Surprise::Surprise: 10 sphynx ! :Adore:

They are all definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

With love,

heather and soph

So, Nelson has enlarged papillary muscles, no heart murmur today and no HCM. In 6 months, when he has a recheck, if his values are the same he will be considered HCM clear.

All the other cats scanned HCM clear! It was a good day at the cardiologist!! :ThumbsUp:

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Laugh::ThumbsUp::Laugh::ThumbsUp::BigSmile:Congrats Brooke. So glad to hear that the test came back negative. That is great news....