Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Neutered

Angelicar2000

Lairian
Hello. I got my kitten a few months ago. He suppose to come neutered. Is he neutered or show I be be worried? He seems ok.
DB71A04F-2317-4876-9787-3E59B91C6D87.jpeg466269C0-5F73-4F02-BE1D-7DBCFD8983E5.jpeg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Angelicar2000 , can breeder provide documentation of neuter? fyi,, my neutered males do have a little shriveled private part ... when was he neutered? bcz it can take some time for hormones to settle and see the shrinkage . from a google search : "It takes a good few weeks, sometimes longer, for them to shrink down so to speak."

for peace of mind can you email pic to vet? stop in vet office and show pic for their professional opinion since it has been a few months?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn’t look neutered to me. A wellness check upon getting any cat/kitten is best and your vet will be very helpful. Don’t forget to bring a poop sample. Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Angelicar2000

Lairian
@Angelicar2000 , can breeder provide documentation of neuter? fyi,, my neutered males do have a little shriveled private part ... when was he neutered? bcz it can take some time for hormones to settle and see the shrinkage . from a google search : "It takes a good few weeks, sometimes longer, for them to shrink down so to speak."

for peace of mind can you email pic to vet? stop in vet office and show pic for their professional opinion since it has been a few months?
The breeder did provide proof of neutered. It looks bigger since he’s gotten bigger.

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My boy had no swelling he went in with 2 big balls and came out with empty pouches hanging. If that is swelling I’d be at the vet for a check up too.

Sheldon13

Staff member
What I am seeing in the picture looks like the left one is missing. So my thoughts are: they either missed one that they could not find, OR there is some sort of fluid collection there. Either way, he needs to see a vet. Please keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
A bit late to the party but Rankle was un-neutered when we got him. Got him to the vet ASAP to have his pockets picked and the area shrivelled very quickly. Now he has practically nothing there.

Please keep us updated.

Angelicar2000

Lairian
I just came from the vet. He has 1 testicle.
My vet notice he has a small incision on the belly. They think the breeders vet tried to go through the belly to remove the sac. They will be calling the vet who did the surgery and find out more info. I’m just glad it’s nothing serious.
My question to you , I don’t know if I should ask this question but if he suppose to come neutered, should the breeder pay for it or just let it go? It’s not a bid deal to me. I’m just glad it’s an easy fix.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Happy you got an answer. Yes, your breeder should actually offer to pay for the surgery or at the minimum pay 1/2. but know some just take their money and run so in the end just know you might have to just get it done on your own to avoid stressing. Also a friendly reminder be sure your vet does not use Ketamine as the anesthesia. If a cat has an underlying heart issue (which heart issues are becoming more common in this breed) it can be lethal. @Angelicar2000

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Angelicar2000 , glad you got a vet visit. agree with @Catzzzmeow reply above. I confirm with my vet NO ketamine anesthesia . my vet uses Isoflurane instead for surgery anesthesia.
interesting for an incision on the belly for a male neuter?? did they perhaps think it was a spay at first. my understanding neuter is a small nip quick surgery by the testicles.
keep us updated often. good momma getting him checked and nothing serious.. hugs n head smooches. following for updates. hope the breeder is supportive and does the right thing.

Angelicar2000

Lairian
My kiddo is doing great. They went through his lower belly. I found this collar on Amazon. So much better then the plastic one they give you at the vet. It’s more comfortable for him. I did have a sweater on him to keep him from running and jumping for a few days. It helped tremendously. He has one more week to go.

Attachments

• E5C47E0B-CEB4-4093-ACCF-D3162920ADF4.jpeg
    E5C47E0B-CEB4-4093-ACCF-D3162920ADF4.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 2F4AF69E-0893-49FE-8F04-DC9B1335B327.jpeg
    2F4AF69E-0893-49FE-8F04-DC9B1335B327.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 7

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Angelicar2000 , soo happy all went great ! thanks for keeping us updated and the adorable pics. great job mum with the collar and sweater. helpful to other members too!

hugs n speedy recovery vibes. keep us updated often . all paws are family :) {=

Back