Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Never would have thought

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Here is one which I was very lucky to save my cat from. We just recently got one of the new stoves that are flat tops and turn red when they are on and black when it's off. Well even once it's off it's surface is still scalding hot until the dial goes from HE to off. Well we found my cat sitting next to a pot on the stove trying to get warm. If she had just taken one step over....well lets say I really don't want to think about what could have happened. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Its funny you say that we have the same stove top and leo sits right next to it after a meal has been cooked to stay warm.
Thanks for that one,ill put it in the main list,sphynx will do anything to get near a warm objects.
p.s. at least (so far) there smart enough not to touch!:tinysmile_angry2_t:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Holy moly. I got one of those stoves. They're great and make cleanup so easy. I must say, I never even thought about burning my buddy. Thanks, gives me something to think about. ButterBall is pretty good about not climbing on stuff in the kitchen, but you never know. He climbs on everything else, just not in the kitchen. I guess I trained him without actually knowing I did.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Unfortunately Meecho isn't so smart. I just stopped her just last night before she took a step on it. Talk about my heart stopping! I wouldn't even let her out of my arms for an hour I was so scared.

sassyskye79

Lairian
My kitty is not aloud on the kitchen counters. In the case I do catch her I clap really loud a couple of time..thats her cue to get the heck out of dodge!! I can only imagine what she does when i'm not home though.....

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Does your sphynx kitty's get themselves under the blankets all by their lonsome?.Like little lumps in the bed!

sassyskye79

Lairian
I never know where Jazelle is. It is a hunt for her everytime I get home. In the winter I normally have a heated blanket for her but recently she has started to lick it. Hair balls that are blue are not fun to pick up. So no more heated blanket till I get a duvet cover for it. So yes I do find her a lot know in the bed as a perfect little bump...or in the closet wraped in the extra blankets....

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Meecho is a little sneak, she can actually get under the blankets on a perfectly made bed without making a mess. Then when she sleeps she somehow makes herself really flat. So half the time you have no idea anything is there until you jump in fear from your feet touching something that you know shouldn't be there. What I've started to do is touch anything that maybe suspcious to see if it makes a noise. If you touch her under the blankets she makes this sound like a squeaky toy.

Moonstone

Lairian
Unfortunately Meecho isn't so smart. I just stopped her just last night before she took a step on it. Talk about my heart stopping! I wouldn't even let her out of my arms for an hour I was so scared.

I do have the same kind of stove, with hot red spot.
When I finish to cook, I fill the saucepan with water and I reput it on the spot. This way I'm sure none of my little sphynx will burn himself on this place. And water protects my saucepan on the hot spot untill it the heat decrease.
:tinysmile_twink_t:

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sassy:Lets just hope the kitties don't use the stove while we are gone! LOL My Willow would get under the blankets of the made bed and once I sat on her in the guest room!:Woo:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have one of the stoves also but none of my cats have ever gone up there thank god.
Meeko did burn her paws on the over once though years ago.
She is no longer allowed out here when we cook.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sassy:Lets just hope the kitties don't use the stove while we are gone! LOL My Willow would get under the blankets of the made bed and once I sat on her in the guest room!:Woo:

Meecho does that so I've gotten into the habit of pressing down on all blankets before I sit. She always does this little gurgle sound and it cracks me up :LOL: Once my mom was trying to move a pillow and had no idea why it felt so heavy until she picked up and Meecho came tumbling out of it my mom just about had a heart attack. :Laugh:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
One time I could not find Leo any place check all the beds they where flat, then I heard his little noise and he was in the pillow case:Woo:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We cover our hot stove when we're finished too as Mug-y jumped up and nearly burned hiomself! :ThumbsDown:

He has a habit of climbing in freshly made beds too and his favourite one is if you leave a big fleecy sweater on the bed he'll tunnel into it!!! It's times like that when I'm so ver glad he's not a furball! :Laugh:

X

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I haven't had any close encounters with Snuffie wanting the stove top, however she has wanted to crawl into the oven when I was removing things which scared the daylights out of me and I make her daddy hold her when I'm opening the oven now. Roasted kitty isn't my forte'.

She is very good at tunneling into the blankets and or covers on the beds. When she dissappears we usually find her bundled up in a bed somewhere. Its always so cute.

Back