Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New and already need help!!!!!

x0jules0x

Lairian
Hi everyone!!!!!! I just joined a few days ago, yes I got suckered in:BigSmile: and I already need help!!!:Sweat: Heres the issue.......
I put down a deposit for my kitten when she was just about 4 weeks old. After a dozen photo updates, videos and visits, I will be taking her home in mid december. Well here lies the problem, I live with my parents who rent our current residence bc of a foreclosure to our previous house and we literally just got evicted on monday :Cry: I had to leave work early, go home and pack everything I possibly owned within 2 hours. All of my belonging are in a storage unit because we do not have another house to go to. We are now staying with friends who live in a extremely large house for about 1 to 2 months(because the house were apparently moving into isnt finished?? I know its all so weird) anyway I am 1 of 5 family members and we are confined to the two guest rooms with a bathroom. Well... what do I do about my cat!??!! We already have one cat(domestic shorthair) who is in the room with us 24/7 because our friends have a greyhound:Dizzy: yea enough said about that.. If she gets out the dog will literally kill her. I am so lost and confused about what to do. I came up with some solutions however..
1- maybe I can see if the breeder can keep her longer after I pay for the kittenin full
2-bring her home with me now so I can at least train her( but I just dont know if it will completely stress her out)
3-have her stay with my friend who currently has two cats(domestic shorthairs) and has her own place.. she already said she could and that she could even keep them seperated, but she lives 2 hours away from me, so I really cant see her whenever I wanted.
I just dont know what to do, I already bought everything for my kitten..kitty litter, litter box, beds,toys, everything you can think of....... can anyone agree or give me some advice!? please please please!!!!:Sweat:

gizmo6370

Banned
Hi! Welcome to the lair :BigSmile:
Sorry to hear about your problems....i would talk to the breeder and ask if she can stay a bit longer....should not be a problem....i guess...
Good luck! :Smile:

x0jules0x

Lairian
I hope, I just dont want her to think im "unfit" because of this crappy situation that is not my fault you know? ughhh lol :Dizzy:

I can see the problem. I'd be scared to bring her into a house with a dog that wants to snack on her but I can see wanting your baby to be with you and not two hours away. But at least two hours away you could visit and such I guess. Depends how far the breeder is and how nice they are. I think if you've paid for the kitten and are willing to help take care of it at the breeders home it would be good for her to stay there so she doesn't get too stressed from all the changes going on. But that's just my vote.

Inferno12

Banned
Welcome and I too would talk to the breeder. It is what it is and your breeder should understand the situation and help you out. I dont think the breeder would want the baby stressed out any more than she has to be. I also dont think you need anymore stress right now so I would just tell her like you told us and see if she can help you. Bad things happen to good people and she should understand.

Gizzymom

Banned
My vote is the same. Ask the breeder to keep him / her for the time. I would also offer to pay for food, etc. to show that you are responsible and this situation is a fluke thing.

Kittens get stressed out enough moving to a new home that is peaceful. They will also feel your stress of the situation and with their fragile little immune systems, may cause problems.

Good luck with the situation and also well wishes that your new home gets completed in a timely manner..:Laugh:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I agree ask the breeder to hold the kitten until you are ready to take it home. I would have no problem doing this for someone. I would offer to pay for food and vet visits it will need after you would have taken it home. I wouldn't take it but the offer helps.
Welcome to the lair and sorry for all the trouble!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I hope the situation works out for you soon.

I too would speak with your breeder. I sort of had a similar situation when Snuffie was to come home and had to ask the breeder to keep her a extra full week.
The night before I was to pick her up my grandfather died and the next day I needed to leave to go to Michigan for his funeral. Because I was hitching a ride with my parents who were coming thru my town to get north I didn't have the ability to come home promptly so of course ended up having to stay through the new year up north. My breeder of course understood and kept her for the extra time. I ended up mailing her a extra $50 to take care of food and litter for the extra week. I know it was way more than she needed and she ended up not taking it but atleast she appreciated the offer. Showing you care as much as they do is always a plus and helps establish a strong friendship/addition to your family.
Again, goodluck and I hope it all works out. I'm sorry your going through tough times, the world is rough out there right now!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Take the path of least resistance. The breeder should understand and will want the best solution for the little darling. Maybe you could have visitation days and take your kitty to Petco and spend some quality time with it. Good Luck with your situation and try to stay as stress free as possible. Many Americans are going through a lot of challenges in this *&#$@*(??^$ economy.

tessblack

Banned
Yes agree with the breeder situation. I got mine at 6 months old because I was away for work and it would not have been fair to get them and leave them so the breeder kept them for two more months. I gave her extra money for food and litter for the two months. She was great about it so hopefully yours will too.

Welcome to the lair and stay strong everything will work out. Go visit a lot that is what I did.

JacksMom

Banned
Totally agree! Best if she stays with the breeder till you are more settled. I am sure the breeder would understand and want what is best for her, too. Good luck! After waiting extra time for her, getting her will be that much more exciting!!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree. Ask the breeder to keep her a little longer until your settled. Offer her/ him something for 'lodging' the kitten, whether they take the etc or not it would look responsible.

Good luck, hope you get to move into your new home soon.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Looks like you don't need any more advice, I just wanted to say hi and good luck!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello x0jules0x and welcome to Sphynxlair! So sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope it all works out in the end! I agree with everyone else, ask the breeder if they can keep your kitten a bit longer. Good luck!

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I vote for asking the breeder to help you. The kitten won't be stressed and you won't be stressed worrying about her living in this temporary craziness. Hope all goes well- keep us posted:BigSmile:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
You are all so nice and helpful! Thank you all so so so much! I am going to talk to her tomarrow so wish me luck! And again thank you all so much for being helpful and understanding!!!
How did it go?? Good I hope!!

Fingers and paws crossed here!

x0jules0x

Lairian
hi everyone!!!! great news!!!! I called my breeder and she is going to keep my little girl longer.. thank god!! She was actually happy I told her.. phew! :BigSmile: the only downside, she goes I was actually going to call you to let you know you could actually take her home sooner.. crap :Cry: oh well, its better off this way... but thank you everyone, you have all been such a tremendous help you have no idea! and thanks for all the warm welcomes, makes me thrilled I joined :BigSmile:

Gizzymom

Banned
hi everyone!!!! great news!!!! I called my breeder and she is going to keep my little girl longer.. thank god!! She was actually happy I told her.. phew! :BigSmile: the only downside, she goes I was actually going to call you to let you know you could actually take her home sooner.. crap :Cry: oh well, its better off this way... but thank you everyone, you have all been such a tremendous help you have no idea! and thanks for all the warm welcomes, makes me thrilled I joined :BigSmile:
Great news!!! Don't worry, the time will fly and she will be with you before you know it!!!:ThumbsUp:

gizmo6370

Banned
Glad to hear that the breeder will work with you:ThumbsUp:
Hopefully you'll be able to take her home soon :Smile: