Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New and Looking for Breeder Info

KYkitty

Lairian
Hi everyone!

I'm KYkitty, real name is Chasity, and I'm so glad I finally stumbled upon this site in the search for information on Sphynx and hairless breeds.

Ever since I can remember, I've wanted a hairless baby. I currently still live at home and am unable to have cats (no one else in my family really likes them all that well) but we do have a hairless dog. He has been with us for about 10+ years and is an American Hairless Terrier. I know this site is for hairless cats, but I figured it would be good to share that because of our precious dog, I do have plenty of experience with hairless pets and the care that they require.

That being said, I do plan on moving out within the next couple years and in the mean time would like to acquaint myself with the Sphynx community and see if I can find any information on breeders that are somewhat local to where I live. I definitely want to make sure I find a reputable breeder that is raising healthy cats, and the reason I am asking so early is because I want to also make sure I can find someplace that won't disappear after I purchase a precious baby and a place that I can begin to build a good reputation with and build trust with before actually buying.

All this being said, if anyone knows of any breeders in Kentucky, or the surrounding states that have good reputations that I could start checking out and keeping an eye on it would greatly appreciate it. I would really love to find a Donskoy/Don Sphynx breeder but from what I have found so far, finding a good breeder in the US is a bit of a challenge.

Any and all help or information is greatly, greatly appreciated!!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Hello and welcome to Sphynxlair. I look forward to seeing you be some an active member here and hearing all about your journey to finding your baby.

Patti

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair! I don't live in your area so can't give ypu tips but I hopw tou fijd a good breeder and sphynx soon.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @KYkitty and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! Good luck on your journey for a sphynx! Please enjoy the community! :)

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Best wishes, finding your baby.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@KYkitty , welcome! Amd hope you can post a pic of your hairless dog:) what is his name?

So happy you joined us! I a, sure you will get some PM referrals for a reputable Dom breeder I'm the US-
The lair is a great place to learn and share with -

I waited many years till I got my first Sphynx when the timing was right :)
I am glad you are doing your research- you will no doubt be the best mum!
Hope you are active with us and keep us updated!

KYkitty

Lairian
@KYkitty , welcome! Amd hope you can post a pic of your hairless dog:) what is his name?

So happy you joined us! I a, sure you will get some PM referrals for a reputable Dom breeder I'm the US-
The lair is a great place to learn and share with -

I waited many years till I got my first Sphynx when the timing was right :)
I am glad you are doing your research- you will no doubt be the best mum!
Hope you are active with us and keep us updated!
The only photo I could find of my dog is from Halloween this year. He was a dinosaur.
20150925_204949.jpg
His name is Bud. He's a sweetie, but he's getting old.

I haven't gotten any PMs yet about reputable breeders, but I'm sure some will show up rather soon.

Thanks for all the welcome and we'll wishes!