Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New and searching for sphynx

ArianaV77

Lairian
Hi Everyone,
I'm fairly new here to Sphynx Lair! I'm excited to part of such an active and passionate group. I'm looking to bring a sphynx kitty into my life either through rescue or breeder. I was wondering if anyone had the names of some reputable breeders that I could look into.
Thanks for you help,
Ariana

eurynome_az

Lairian
Welcome, welcome! You'll never regret owning a Sphynx. They are like no other! :BigSmile: Silly, smart, "dog-like" and full of antics and charm

Last edited by a moderator:

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to our little online family of friends! You'll find the right baby or adult for you...he ir she is maybe out there looking for you as we speak.
Hugs,
Susi and the gang

eurynome_az

Lairian
Although this isn't a forum for breeders to advertise, I would advise to use word of mouth or start out with the Cat associations as they usually have a breeder referral list (CFA,TICA, etc, etc) although that isn't a guarentee they are always reputable. Make sure they have health guarentees, parents are tested yearly for HCM, are immunized, socialized, and in a small cattery that does not cage cats or run a kitten mill. Ask for references from prior owners, and read the contract well. A good contract will protect you, they buyer as much as the breeder and most of all the kitten's good health. It would probably be best for you to find a breeder that is local as possible to you so you can meet the parents, see the conditions of the cattery and get to know "in person" your new baby. That avoids the expense and discomfort of the cats flying. A reputable breeder will not allow kittens to be adopted no sooner than at least 12-14 weeks and will be available to answer every question you have, no matter what and no matter how long you've had the cat. They should be willing to give you information on pedigree, temperments, what makes a great Sphynx, etc. This is an important decision and spend some time making your decision. There are tons of breeders out there and if they don't have kittens they can usually refer you to someone they recommend.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome and good luck finding a kitty. And remember the cardinal rule: If it's too good to be true it probably isn't true. Don't fall for a scammer who gives a sob story and can ship the kitty tomorrow, all you have to do is pay the $250 shipping fee now... if you have any questions just ask and we'll give our opinions!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello ArianaV77 and welcome to Sphynxlair! Good luck on your search! Please enjoy the site!:ThumbsUp: