Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Baby! - April 2019

mavissphynx

Lairian
Hello everyone! My name is Alexis and I welcomed Mavis into our home about a week ago and she’s doing SO good. She’s the sweetest, clingy little girl. Always trying to play or snuggle up with us. I already have an overwhelming amount of questions and the community here seems awesome! I’m hoping to get some great tips and help others along the way as well. :)

Attachments

• 9C91B47F-E912-4C42-BDDD-2FF43EB14672.jpeg
    9C91B47F-E912-4C42-BDDD-2FF43EB14672.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 55
  • A0C4CBAB-4D8A-489D-A433-8E9B227B5D01.jpeg
    A0C4CBAB-4D8A-489D-A433-8E9B227B5D01.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 56

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh my, Mavis is simply adorable and sounds like a real sweetheart! Welcome and congratulations :giggle: Hope to see and hear lots more as she grows up!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@mavissphynx hi Alexis Happy Mavis Gotcha! Soo stinkin cute! So excited for you and yours!
Jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch! We all learn and grow together here for the love of nakids . Everyone is sooo helpful here and whether here for a day or years we all learn something new each day .

Be sure to check out the sphynx info center with lots of great threads!
Ask away any questions!

Welcome home sweet Mavis! Head smooches !
Keep us updated with lots of pics amd tales!

Btw , what is her favorite toy? Funniest thing she does ?

mavissphynx

Lairian
@mavissphynx hi Alexis Happy Mavis Gotcha! Soo stinkin cute! So excited for you and yours!
Jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch! We all learn and grow together here for the love of nakids . Everyone is sooo helpful here and whether here for a day or years we all learn something new each day .

Be sure to check out the sphynx info center with lots of great threads!
Ask away any questions!

Welcome home sweet Mavis! Head smooches !
Keep us updated with lots of pics amd tales!

Btw , what is her favorite toy? Funniest thing she does ?

Her favorite toy is probably a plastic kitty spring tied to a macrame rope! She has a countless amount of toys, but nothing seemed to spark her interest the first day or two. Until my boyfriend decided to make her that, lol. Funniest thing is, she knows when she’s about to get a sweater put on her! She loves sweaters! She’ll stick her head out and help me put her arms through the holes. It’s the funniest and cutest thing. Baby girl is so smart

mavissphynx

Lairian
Hello everyone! My name is Alexis and I welcomed Mavis into our home about a week ago and she’s doing SO good. She’s the sweetest, clingy little girl. Always trying to play or snuggle up with us. I already have an overwhelming amount of questions and the community here seems awesome! I’m hoping to get some great tips and help others along the way as well. :)

I do have a question for you guys already though. This little booger gets dirty SO QUICKLY. She’s not greasy, she just gets full of dirt on her chest and tummy. I’m thinking it’s the litter? I feel bad giving her a bath every other day, but I can’t stand to see her so dirty. Any suggestions on dust free litter??

Yoda mom

Staff member
@mavissphynx the upper right search box mentioned is a great tool for specifics

Many use Dr elseys unscented in the blue bag.

(I found a “dupe “ for it called fresh for life odor destroyer in the 40 lb bag at petsupermarket - note it is not the same in the bucket )

Hylyt shampoo is popular too - soap free hypoallergenic - sold at my vets and online.
I put a few teeniest drops in a pitcher of warm water with bsby fsce clotehs for in beteeen spa day

Several members use scent free alcohol free baby wipes like Huggies naturals

You definitely don’t want to over both - the skin needs to do is natural thing too
Overbathing can create even quicker dirtier kitties.

Members will chime in with suggestions you will find what works best for your baby

What did the breeder suggest ?

Head smooches sent !

Yoda mom

Staff member
@mavissphynx Exfoliating gloves are great for full spa days! Helps hold slippery kitty too

Attachments

• C832FD78-2443-46CA-849B-6B334E9BF256.jpeg
    C832FD78-2443-46CA-849B-6B334E9BF256.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 39
  • C79755C9-D469-43BD-B8B0-A29B507B2C4E.jpeg
    C79755C9-D469-43BD-B8B0-A29B507B2C4E.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 4957060A-1BB8-4AE1-9D2B-ADA2A6B47125.jpeg
    4957060A-1BB8-4AE1-9D2B-ADA2A6B47125.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 74A1D184-D5F8-4894-829B-2B93A76689B3.jpeg
    74A1D184-D5F8-4894-829B-2B93A76689B3.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 33

Yoda mom

Staff member
@mavissphynx here are some links

Be sure to scroll to the bottom of threads you read for “ similar threads “

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I do have a question for you guys already though. This little booger gets dirty SO QUICKLY. She’s not greasy, she just gets full of dirt on her chest and tummy. I’m thinking it’s the litter? I feel bad giving her a bath every other day, but I can’t stand to see her so dirty. Any suggestions on dust free litter??
My Rankle is a dirty little whatsit too. I've found that wearing jumpers helps keep the top half clean but I still have trouble with his legs as he doesn't wear trousers. A quick wipe down with Huggies Pure gets rid of the worst of it but he hates it. As Mavis is a kitten you will probably have more luck getting her to take to a cleaning regime; unfortunately, Rankle was an adult by the time he came to us. Good luck!

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome Mavis and human owned by Mavis! She is a looker! Can't wait to read all about your joint adventures here...

mavissphynx

Lairian

(I found a “dupe “ for it called fresh for life odor destroyer in the 40 lb bag at petsupermarket - note it is not the same in the bucket )

Hylyt shampoo is popular too - soap free hypoallergenic - sold at my vets and online.
I put a few teeniest drops in a pitcher of warm water with bsby fsce clotehs for in beteeen spa day

You definitely don’t want to over both - the skin needs to do is natural thing too

Members will chime in with suggestions you will find what works best for your baby

Head smooches sent !

I’ve tried wipes and just seems like it smears dirt rather than clean her.

Head smooches sent !

Okay I’ll definitely check that out!
The breeders actually make a skincare line, so I’ve been using that, but everything is oil based! So I’ll bathe her for 15 mins straight and it’ll just look like she got smudged in dirty water. The actual breeder that housed Mavis suggested a gentle oatmeal shampoo for kitties she’s used for years. I forgot what it’s called though! I’ve saw it had good reviews on Sphynxlair too so I tried it out. Mavis stays clean for about two days with that. I’m going to lay off giving her a bath, and hope I find a litter that doesn’t kick up so much dust.

kibaspirit

Lairian
@mavissphynx your girl is PRECIOUS : (

I have a brand new boy as well, so take my noobie advice with a grain of salt, but we have really enjoyed the pine pellet litter. My boy is skin colored, so the dirt would be really obvious, but he seems to stay clean even tho he uses his box pretty frequently. As a spa day "lite" we have been putting a dab of hylyt shampoo & water on the exfoliator gloves and giving him a quick wipe down. Takes a few minutes & very little protesting because it's not a full bath. Congrats on your cutie {=

Back