Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Baby! - April 2019

mavissphynx

Lairian
@mavissphynx your girl is PRECIOUS : (

I have a brand new boy as well, so take my noobie advice with a grain of salt, but we have really enjoyed the pine pellet litter. My boy is skin colored, so the dirt would be really obvious, but he seems to stay clean even tho he uses his box pretty frequently. As a spa day "lite" we have been putting a dab of hylyt shampoo & water on the exfoliator gloves and giving him a quick wipe down. Takes a few minutes & very little protesting because it's not a full bath. Congrats on your cutie {=

Okay yes!! I have the pine pellet litter. I did a lot of research before getting her and it sounded like the most cost effective, eco-friendly, and safest option for her but she does not want to use it. Even with litter attractant. :( do you have any advice on how you were able to switch him over?

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mavis is so cute! I use Arm & Hammer kitty litter. I found other litter dusts up and makes my kitty dirty. I bathe my kitty once per month but I wash her face and clean her ears daily. Her belly quite often looks dirty but I have learned to live with it.

kibaspirit

Lairian
@mavissphynx oh no! I don't have advice on that one because my breeder had pine pellets for the kitties already. I believe they used multiple litter types to give adoptees more options. Hopefully others will chime in on litter attractant. I also selected it for eco-friendly & price

mavissphynx

Lairian
Mavis is so cute! I use Arm & Hammer kitty litter. I found other litter dusts up and makes my kitty dirty. I bathe my kitty once per month but I wash her face and clean her ears daily. Her belly quite often looks dirty but I have learned to live with it.

Yeah that’s my issue. Besides it bothering me that she’s dirty, I just feel bad for her. I know she’s a cat, but it can’t feel good being dirty and dusty!

mavissphynx

Lairian
@mavissphynx oh no! I don't have advice on that one because my breeder had pine pellets for the kitties already. I believe they used multiple litter types to give adoptees more options. Hopefully others will chime in on litter attractant. I also selected it for eco-friendly & price

I’ll have to keep trying. Lucky your baby is on it! How is the smell?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@mavissphynx
Just to share my first sphynx came to me on yesterday’s news unscented pellet litter ..
Little weirdo needed two boxes! She would pee in the dr elseys unscented scoopable litter and poo in the pellet litter ..

You want to make sure she uses the litter box for good lifetime habits...

You may have to try something like dr elseys unscented if she is not taking to pellets .

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello Mavis! So cute!
Ask away! I've gotten so much good advice from these wonderful hoomans. Plus, no judgement and no meaness. Just education and help.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

mavissphynx

Lairian
@mavissphynx hello
Checking in on adorable Mavis

She’s doing well! She just had her hernia fixed up about a week ago. In the cone for one more week and she doesn’t “hate” it as much anymore. As long as we itch all the hard to reach places. Baby wipes have been a savior since we can’t bathe her just yet. Here’s a pic of her doing the cutest little yawn.

Attachments

• 5D72D0E4-55D7-4470-AACD-C2572A2DE854.jpeg
    5D72D0E4-55D7-4470-AACD-C2572A2DE854.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 20
Back