Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Bully??? Maybe...

J

Jinxlover

Okay I have to stay OUT of the pound!!!! Hubby says I can never go back there...:Woo:

I was there and this little girl was so sweet and alone I had to do it!!
I feel so bad for the bully breeds no one even looks at them as they walk by. They just look right past them like they aren't even there:Cry:.
She has been bred to death:Angry:, her boobies hang to the ground.
They do her testing tomorrow and will let me know how she did, but they said they aren't expecting any issues. SO I will know tomorrow if I can adopt her. They dont test them with cats, that worries me. They told me if she didn't like my cat I could bring her back...But she is pretty laid back so they think she will be fine(i hope).

Attachments

• Photo024.jpg
    Photo024.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Photo026.jpg
    Photo026.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 37

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
How wonderful! Hope the testing goes well for her! Best of luck!

Ps. why are the husbands the ones doing all the complaining they know we are going to win so why don't they just save their breath and give in in the first place:Wink::Laugh:

Bella07

Banned
I know exactly what you mean! I volunteer at the shelter, mainly with the cats, but every time I walk by the dog section, I get so sad. Usually 90% of the dogs their are pitbulls.....if it weren't for my already 3 dogs at home, I'd do exactly what you are doing, and try to rescue at least one sweet baby in need.

Well, Good Luck and I hope you get her! Let us know how it goes! And she's such a pretty girl by the way :ThumbsUp:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Why did this headline NOT surprise me in the least??:LOL: Oh yeah, I totally knew you were gonna get that sweet girl! She looks like a dollbaby, I hope she does well with Blueberry, let us know:ThumbsUp:

dragynflye

Lairian
she is BEAUTIFUL!

check out "www.pitbullforum.com". an awesome site. it can get a little intense there some time, but that's because the people there care desperately about a breed that is in serious trouble. all in all, though, it is a wonderful place. especially since you already have another dog at home, i would recommend doing the "two week shut down" when you bring your new girl home. it'll make the transition soooo much easier for everyone!

so, have you picked a name yet?!

J

Jinxlover

why are the husbands the ones doing all the complaining they know we are going to win so why don't they just save their breath and give in in the first place:Wink::Laugh:

I cant remember one time I have lost in 22 years....LOL:LOL:

she is BEAUTIFUL!

check out "www.pitbullforum.com". an awesome site. it can get a little intense there some time, but that's because the people there care desperately about a breed that is in serious trouble. all in all, though, it is a wonderful place. especially since you already have another dog at home, i would recommend doing the "two week shut down" when you bring your new girl home. it'll make the transition soooo much easier for everyone!

so, have you picked a name yet?!

I like Layla,but hubby thinks he gets a say..ppfffttt..Silly hubby.
So we aren't not sure about a name yet..lol
Thanks for the link I'll go check it out..:ThumbsUp:

J

Jinxlover

No bully for me:Cry:... They called about 5 mins before I was leaving to pick he up and said she was no longer available..They wouldn't tell me why though...I really hope her people came for her......

dragynflye

Lairian
awww i'm sorry! i wouldn't be surprised if she got pulled by a breed specific rescue. given the fact that she's been used as a puppy factory, i'd rather that than have her sent back to her "owners"

Nair Bare

Lairian
Shannon took pity on me and "tried" to show me how to do this today. I had to quickly run thru the procedure before I forgot. Now she will be sorry she ever showed me how to post pictures of her baby Gooseberry (AKA Peeve)

J

Jinxlover

awww i'm sorry! i wouldn't be surprised if she got pulled by a breed specific rescue. given the fact that she's been used as a puppy factory, i'd rather that than have her sent back to her "owners"

I agree with you..She was so sweet I'm hoping her puppy mill owners didn't get her. We do have a great Pit rescue here.

Treespirit

Lairian
Sorry to hear it didn't work out. But I do believe that things happen for a reason. And just think, you WILL fall in love with another face you see there. And it might be a better match for your family. I don't know, I just try to think that these things sometimes happen for a reason. I hope she was adopted, or as dragynflye said, got taken by a breed specific rescue, or a no-kill shelter.

One time my boyfriend and I went to our (at the time) local shelter to see the animals there. There was the most adorable female pit bull. A worker there was going around passing out cookies and this girl took the treat SOOOO gently. And she was the only one there not barking. We were so impressed with her, and the worker must have noticed, and said to us, "We don't adopt out pit bulls," in an almost snotty tone. I was so ticked off. I wrote to a ton of no-kill shelters about her, but only heard back that they were so full of bullies of their own they could not take another in. :Cry:

I know it's kind of depressing to say, but there are tons of other sweeties out there that would love to have you as their new family.

Back