Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Guy Here

DrDirt

Lairian
Hello all,

Nice place you have here. I'm currently a crop and soil scientist in Indiana.

I'm between Sphynx right now, unfortunately. I had a beautiful tortie named Booger since 2004, and she was my only buddy and roommate through a crappy job and graduate school in Ohio. I got a job here in Indiana, and one morning she slipped under me on hitting the snooze button, and she made a horrible sound and fell limp. Cue huge rush to Purdue's emergency clinic and ICU. My poor baby spent three weeks at the clinic before we found from MRI out she had a big tumor in her brainstem, and it was going to happen to her anyway. :Cry:

The house has been empty since, which is good in a way, because I hate for others to see me cry.

I am finally feeling a little better, and have two little black tortie Sphynx coming to live with me in July, so hopefully I'll be able to contribute some of their antics to the forum soon!

Attachments

• Booger32.jpg
    Booger32.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 24

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello DrDirt and welcome to Sphynxlair! So sorry for your loss, I hope your new companions bring you as much joy as Booger, although they will never replace her, they may help fill that void. Please share your new sphynx pics and antics here on the site once you get them! I hope you are enjoying the site! Thanks for sharing boogers pic and story! She is a beautiful girl:ThumbsUp:

momofmaxamillon

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome to Sl DrDirt,I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby but I am so happy to hear you are getting two babies very soon I cannot wait to see pictures!:ThumbsUp:

DrDirt

Lairian
From reading here and advice from others, it seemed like a good idea to get two so they can entertain each other.

Here are pictures I got from the breeder yesterday. They don't have names yet! They were born in the last week of February, will pick them up on July 21st, I think.

newspynx2.jpg

newsphynx1.jpg

xAnnthia

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So sorry for your loss, but glad you have decided to move on. Can't wait for more pictures!

bthomas

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So sorry for your loss, but glad you have decided to move on. Can't wait for more pictures!

I'll second that! It's a hard thing to go through, losing a pet. I'm glad you found some new kittens to help fill the hole in your heart!

KitCatty

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am sorry to hear your lost such a pleasant and precious life:ThumbsDown: But great to hear you are getting 2 it is twice the work but well worth it. My boys have been home for only 2 weeks and its so fun seeing them sleep together, play together and I get twice as much warmth at night, purrs and love!!!!! They are also less demanding:ThumbsUp:

Your new babies are so very nice looking....if Im not mistaken they have be girls to be calico? Do you have names picked out that you like or are you going to wait?

DrDirt

Lairian
Your new babies are so very nice looking....if Im not mistaken they have be girls to be calico? Do you have names picked out that you like or are you going to wait?

Huh, I guess I didn't say, but they are both little girls.

No idea on names yet, but I'll take suggestions!

KitCatty

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Huh, I guess I didn't say, but they are both little girls.

No idea on names yet, but I'll take suggestions!

I wouldn't go with cali or cleo.... hmmm I have boys so this is hard for me. I am sure they are going to be little princesses so how bout

Regal names Aurora, Bridget, Beatrice (Bea), Odell, Catherine (Cat)

Or names that mean beauty like Joli (I think that is the French spelling)

Just a few.... I know they aren't great

DrDirt

Lairian
I was thinking about the nerd route and going with "Doppler" and "Radar."

Ya know, because of the ears and such. :LOL:

DrDirt

Lairian
I should've guessed since your other lady was called booger the the more feminine route wouldn't do LOL!!!

Her pedigreed name was "Sugar and Spice." That wasn't going to fly. :LOL:

I figure that something that rhymed would help her with her new name. "Booger" fits her well (and now you don't have a 6'4" tall farmboy with a cat named "Sugar"). I suppose I'd look sort of silly with a pastel-clothed streaker named "Sugar."

DoctorSpock

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was thinking about the nerd route and going with "Doppler" and "Radar."

Ya know, because of the ears and such. :LOL:

First... I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, it's horrible isn't it?
Second, great decision on getting two... They will keep each other company while you're working.

Third: LOVE THOSE NAMES! Doppler and Radar is just too dam funny/cute... I'm a bit of a nerd too! (former main frame programmer analyst)

KitCatty

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Her pedigreed name was "Sugar and Spice." That wasn't going to fly. :LOL:

I figure that something that rhymed would help her with her new name. "Booger" fits her well (and now you don't have a 6'4" tall farmboy with a cat named "Sugar"). I suppose I'd look sort of silly with a pastel-clothed streaker named "Sugar."

That would be a sight :LOL::LOL::LOL:

My husband is 6'4" and when he found out he could have purple cat (comes home end of this month) He was all for it, said he needed a masculine name though... I jokingly said Lyle cuz he's a Lilac. Husband not so pleased but the name stuck :LOL: We already have his brothers Oz and Diggs who are a month older. At least they have masculine names :Wink:

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair, DrDirt. I am very glad you've joined our online family of friends. I am sorry about Booger--she was a lovely girl and obviously much loved. I am very much looking forward to getting to know you and your new girls. As for names, I like the ones you're considering--Doppler and Radar sound fun and roll ff the tongue easily. And what girls wouldn't want to be weather girls?
Welcome Hugs,
Susi and the gang

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

So sorry to hear about Booger. She was very pretty. Its ok for guys to cry. You're only human, so don't feel embarrassed or anything like that. Many tears are shed here on Sphynx Lair, but we also have lots of laughs too. I hope you feel @ home here. Congrats on your 2 new Sphynx babies. Please post pics when you have the time.:Smile:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Your kitty Booger was gorgeous! Glad to hear you are getting two more. I have always dealt with grieving the loss of a pet by getting another one quickly or in advance if I can plan it that way...it never replaces them but provides a good distraction. Your new kitties are adorable too!

Calicos and Torities are female, and solid orange cats are male. They say it is possible to get male torties and female gingers but in 13 yrs in vet medicine, Ive never seen either.

Adventures of A Naked Cat

savannah mommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so glad you found the Lair! Welcome to the best group of people owned by Sphynx. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It shows that Booger has stollen your heart!. I am so happy you are able to adopt two new nakked babies to love! :Adore:

The names are priceless!!:ThumbsUp:

Back