New here and have a few Q's | Sphynxlair

New here and have a few Q's

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Questions?' started by klreese, Apr 27, 2010.

1. klreese

klreeseV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $341.00
    Ratings:
    +717
    Hello! Im new here and have a few questions.
    1- how do i know what color my cats are? when i got both of them there was no paper work.
    my male (Bronxe) is white/cream-ish. he is nose is WHITE and he has a white spot on his back (like a circle), but is mostly, idk.. an off-white color. He has green/goldish color eyes.
    my female (Bea) is gray/black ish. She has a skin condition, so i think naturally she'd be a little lighter, but for the most part she's sort of a char coal color with her nose and ear dark black. she's all black, not light color. with pure green, emerald colored eyes.

2- my male HATES bathes!!! Bath time is like the devil in my house!! Bea will take bathes just fine. But Bronxe turns into the exorcist!! Bea is front declawed but bronxe has all his claws. i have tried to hold him firmly, Fiance' has helped, NOTHING works! i have run water during, i have filed the sink (and tub) w/o water running, have tried the spray soap (waterless soap), have tried babywipes, NOTHING works!!!! He claws the hell out of me.. i end up bloody (its such a mess) and he ends up SUPER stressed out!! like hyperventilating!! i feel so terrible they i just don't do bathtime as often as i know i should. but i'm so concerned he's going to hurt himself during the process. he hates the feeling of ANYTHING wet. once in a great while he'll allow a QUICK wipe down with a warm cloth or paper towel but thats as far as it goes! Any suggestions?????

2. Mews2much

Mews2muchV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $137.00
    Ratings:
    +2,011
    Since the ear and nose hair is black she would be black.
    You say the male has white hair on his nose.
    That would make him white.
    I will look at the pics.
    Edit
    The female is black for sure.
    The one with the white hair looks like he can be red or cream.
    Do you have any better pictures?
    Did the breeder bathe the male before you got him.
    It sounds like he was never used to being bathed.
    I would use baby wipes.

3. ilovemysphynx

ilovemysphynxAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $6,132.16
    Ratings:
    +3,086
    • Fish
    • Dragon fly
    • Candy
    Mews sounds good with the colors:ThumbsUp: and yes it sounds like he is not used to a bath, over time it should get better but if you give up it never will. Start with for now using baby wipes or a warm damp wash cloth but wipe him down in the bathroom so he is used to it there. Then move to the tub, not the sink. The sink is great when they are babies but now that he is big i would use the tub, make sure the water is warm enough and fill it to his chest so that his legs are covered with water, and hold him at the back of the neck that will make it harder for him to flop around and get a hold of you.
    Best of luck:Wink:

4. TanyaT

TanyaTV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $318.00
    Ratings:
    +626
    Snuggles Hates his bath however he has gotten more used to it! Also by putting the water higher he does better as well!

5. ckutkuhn7

ckutkuhn7Banned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $43.00
    Ratings:
    +2,877
    You have gotten great advice - i have nothing to add. I hope he gets used to it.

6. klreese

klreeseV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $341.00
    Ratings:
    +717
    mews- thanks. he seems more 'cream' i dont see any 'red' on him. i have TONS of pictures, but i don't know how to load them.

Thanks for all the bathtime hints. I never have the water real high, maybe thats part of the problem. He definitely was never really bathed. he has ALWAYS hated bathtime. i think we may buy a baby wipe warmer... he's just a sassy-boy!!

7. Mews2much

Mews2muchV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $137.00
    Ratings:
    +2,011
    Do you have a photo bucket?
    You can copy the img code and post the pics from there.

8. gizmo6370

gizmo6370Banned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $8.00
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    I think 1 is black...and the other 1 is cream and white :Wink: