Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Here and Looking for a Kitten in Oregon!

Gaily

Lairian
Hey, I go by Gaily as my username or Ash.
I am looking to adopt a kitten or a young cat to take care of.
About me.
First off. I am disabled with Autism. Im high functioning and can take care of my cats and dogs though id like a more cuddlier creature to be around and a cat that wont go outside. So I picked Sphynx. Cause i love them a lot.
I have two dogs and one out door cat. Which will become indoor once i adopt a Sphynx.
What I plan on for the sphynx? Look up as much info as i can before adopting. a lot of people say a lot of things that conflict with one another so ive been talking with a breeder lately.
Being disabled I have a hard time saving money. I live with my boyfriend who helps me pay for our animals bills. Though if given 4 to 6 months starting next month i can put down a deposit and I'll be able to save up enough money to buy a sphynx, though if i can adopt one i'll be super happy as well.

plans for the cat.
Training- Leash training, Potty training/ toilet training if i can, and coming when called/small tricks if able to.
Play time- I plan on buying a lot of toys for the kitten/cat. Even clothes and sweaters.
Bathtime- Once a month bath time (the breeder told me to bathe the cat once a month and wipe it down if needed.)
I am always home so they wont be lonely, and hopefully they will get along with my two dogs and cat.

Lately ive been super stressed out trying to find the right breeder. I know there are a few in Oregon. but i wish to find one that is more understanding.
Im just trying to find a snuggle baby that i can call my own and take care of.

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome! I hope you are able to detail your journey here for all to see as you look for your sweet kitty. If there are any member in the area who know a breeder I am sure they will PM you the contact information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gaily

Lairian
Thank you so much. :)
I hope it doesnt take too long. 4-6 months is most i want to wait, but i can wait longer if needed.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Gaily welcome to sphynxlair. A sphynx will be a great cuddle buddy. Hope members from your area will pm you. Good luck in your search!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome! Glad to see you introduce yourself and hope to see you become an active member in the community. You came to the right place to read up on this amazing breed. Enjoy all of the great info and friendly members.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Gaily Welcome to the lair family ! All paws crossed the sphnyx stars align
All paws are lair family - hope you can share pics of your dogs and outside kitty -names?

Jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch :)
be sure to check out out the helpcenter for lots of great threads to prep for Sphynx life .

Stay positive check here often
Several of us have adopted from members
I got 4 adoptees all within a few months

Tagging @momdeeze for reputable breeder info in your area

Keep us updated

Gaily

Lairian
@Yoda mom My puppers are named Luna Lovegood (Husky) and Harry Potter (Shepard Mix) Then our cat is named Ty. We recently lost a loved kitty named Piper (Was a black cat). Its why i want an Inside cat only. And i have actually talked with Deeze before i found this place. Though my bf wants to find a breeder closer. I plan on going up to Deeze place on my birthday to check out the Queens and Studs.
Hopefully change his mind too if we go. (If it is DeezeSphynx)

Honestly I have been very stressed about losing Piper, I know a replacement cat wont replace her. but it will help fill in the missing bits.
When we first got Piper we slow blinked at her. Her eyes got SO wide. then she gave up baps on our noses like. How dare you know cat and slow blink at me! It was cute cause it happened every time till she got used to us.

Attachments

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Cute family. Great story about your cat!

Gaily

Lairian
Found a Sphynx cat 3 and 1/2 years old female for 650 usd. I have 350 on the 3rd of feb and sometime before my birthday.
The only way I can get more money is to draw art and sell it. Which I have done before. I really hope i can get this Nakie baby... wish me luck!

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Found a Sphynx cat 3 and 1/2 years old female for 650 usd. I have 350 on the 3rd of feb and sometime before my birthday.
The only way I can get more money is to draw art and sell it. Which I have done before. I really hope i can get this Nakie baby... wish me luck!
That’s so awesome you do art! If you’d like you can post some of it here: Art and craft

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Gaily all paws crossed !

Is this kitty spayed? I negotiated the price on an adult male adoptee since I had to go get him neutered when I adopted him.

Remember , the right one will find you !

Be sure never do western union - often big red flag for a scam

Be sure to read the fraud link

Is this kitty local ?
You can ask to have them send a pic with the kitty with an odd item like cup or newspaper with today's date . I also ask the owner to email me the kitties vet info .

Keep us updated often!

Gaily

Lairian
A breeder pointed me to them.
They are in a local area yes. I am going to ask today for pictures.
--------
edit:

The original owner wanted to keep her even though she is having another child.
Its for the best i guess. I'll continue my search.

Last edited:

Gaily

Lairian
I decided to put down a deposit to a breeder.
:) I will be getting my sphynx in a few months hopefully.
Boyfriend said he would help me pay for them too.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Congratulations with the desposit. One step closer to being owned by a sphynx!