Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New here just got my Sphynx

Oonlyy

Lairian
Hello, So happy to join in on all the Sphynx fun! I have been wanting one for years now. I work for a humane society and have been involved with rescues for over 7 years and could not justify going to a breeder (thats just me). Last week I heard someone say Sphynx and I saw him. It was love. Unfortunately the owners never came in or called. After 5 long days of waiting to see what would happen he is home with me.
He is all black with yellow eyes of course neutered and micro chipped on the downside declawed. He has been home about an hour walking around the house. No problems with my other cats he really dosent care for my dogs.
Just wanted to share..All animals come into shelter if you wait!
Not sure on a name any ideas? He is a curious one for sure..

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on getting a Sphynx and welcome to Sphynx Lair.
It is sad he is declawed though.
I have a few name ideas. Darth Vader,Sparticus,Midnight,Midnight Oil.
I used to save feral cats before I got my sphynx.
We also have taken cats tp people that foster them.

Brooke

Banned
Hello, So happy to join in on all the Sphynx fun! I have been wanting one for years now. I work for a humane society and have been involved with rescues for over 7 years and could not justify going to a breeder (thats just me). Last week I heard someone say Sphynx and I saw him. It was love. Unfortunately the owners never came in or called. After 5 long days of waiting to see what would happen he is home with me.
He is all black with yellow eyes of course neutered and micro chipped on the downside declawed. He has been home about an hour walking around the house. No problems with my other cats he really dosent care for my dogs.
Just wanted to share..All animals come into shelter if you wait!
Not sure on a name any ideas? He is a curious one for sure..

Hi Oonlyy, Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your new sphynx! They say sphynxes are like potato chips, no one can have just one...I find this to be true - I adopted my first one just over a year ago, and just adopted numbers 4 and 5 last week! (FYI, these two also came from SPCA!)

What do they estimate your new kitty's age to be?

Can't wait to hear more about your new sphynx and we love to see photos!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello OOnlyy and welcome to Sphynx Lair! Glad you found us! We would love to see pictures of your new Sphynx! It would help pic a name. Hope you enjoy the site!:ThumbsUp::Laugh:

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome, congratulations'.....I think "Mischief" is a cool name! So happy he gets a forever home with you!:ThumbsUp:

Last edited by a moderator:

RuthArt

Lairian
I think Onyx would be a nice name. So glad you were able to keep him. I just found mine a couple of weeks and have not heard of anyone losing him yet. I'm surprised that even though yours was at the society, no one came in for him. Enjoy you new babe and give us some pictures to drool over.

hugs, Ruth

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sounds like your sphynx kitty picked you, it was meant to be, i like the name onynx as well or Maddix

Back