Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New here! Searching around for breeders

elle81

Lairian
Hi Everyone!

I am looking for a sphynx breeder in or around the Illinois area. Closer would be better of course. Any suggestions would be great as to what I should be looking for or asking.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to Sphynx Lair. Members are not allowed to post breeder information on the boards, but perhaps someone will PM you with some suggestions. Research and patience are key to finding the right Sphynx. Good luck.

elle81

Lairian
Oh, thank you for that info! Yes, I hope I will get some PM's. I am currently in talks with a breeder in Chicago but I would love more input!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Be careful.
Do not get a kitten from a breeder just because they are in your state or area.
I almost made that mistake.
Ask about HCM scans.
You can always pm me with breeder sites and ask questions.

Gizzymom

Banned
I am in the Chicago suburbs and as far as I knew, there are no sphynx breeders here that I would deal with, especially in the city. PM me the breeder info and I will let you know if I am familiar with them. My breeder has since moved and retired.
:Laugh:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the Lair and good luck in your Sphynx quest.:BigSmile:

Bella07

Banned
Welcome to Sphynx Lair and best of luck in your search for a new kitten! My best advice is to research several different breeders websites in order to get a feel for their breeding practices. Each breeder is different. You'll soon discover what you love, and what you don't after a bit of research!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi elle81 welcome to sphynxlair! We are so glad you joined us, good luck in your search.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The kitten is cute.
I do not know her either but I have
heard of the breeder the sire is from.

elle81

Lairian
I am looking at either one of the red tabby boys. I can't tell them apart very well, but I like the second one..

Bella07

Banned
I am currently waiting to bring a sphynx kitten to my family next summer, and because of that, I have researched breeders all accross the US....Odds are, I've probably seen the breeder that you are considering! Do you mind PMing the website with the red tabby kittens that you are looking at? I'd love to see them and the breeder. Thanks!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome and good luck finding the perfect kitty. Be sure to see a copy of the contract and health guarantee, ask whether or not the parents have been HCM scanned, ask about how the kittens are raised; in short, the more questions you ask the better your chances of finding a good reputable breeder. There's lots more good info around the lair if you just poke around and read.

susi794

Staff member
WELCOME TO THE LAIR! Good luck in your search!

beeblebrox

Lairian
Are we allow to post pedigree info on here? (i.e. if someone is researching lines are they able to post the names of the cats and then inquire or should that be done privately?

Just curious!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Are we allow to post pedigree info on here? (i.e. if someone is researching lines are they able to post the names of the cats and then inquire or should that be done privately?

Just curious!
In private please:Wink:

TotenEngel

Banned
Awww bless, I love red tabbys :D I have 2 moggy red tabbies and have recently got a red tabby and white sphynx who I think is the most beautiful thing I ever did see!
Hope you get one of them and I can go Oooooh and Arrr over the pix!!