Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Here!

SkeletonQueen08

Lairian
Hey guys! So stoked to have found this awesome group/page/website! My name is Ash and I currently live with my boyfriend, who has 2 wonderful little naked boys. Their names are Quasi (yes as in the hunchback of Notredame) and his son, Alien. When I met these two wonderful little babies in May of this year, at first, I was a bit shy with them. I had always heard that sphynx were stupid sensitive to everything on the planet, so I was afraid to touch them. Well.. I didn't have much of a choice as they both very quickly swarmed over me and demanded my attention. I thought I was going to be smothered! Ever since the day I met them I've fallen in love. Quasi very quickly became "mine" so to speak. He ignores his human dad, basically giving him the middle paw, and snuggles right down with me no matter what I'm up to. I thought it was a bit strange how much these little guys warmed up to me so fast and with such ease... I asked my boyfriend what was up with this, because even my significant other was a bit shocked. Normally the boys didn't really take a liking to new people. Especially females. (They are both neutered btw) Turns out, not too long before I had finally met them my boyfriends soon to be ex-wife (she cheated on him last year and basically just ditched the whole family and is making the divorce insanely hard to just be done and over with. I didnt start dating him until after the divorce was legally started. My choice to make sure nothing could be blamed on me in any way. The lady is nuts.) had taken Quasi's mate (Pixie) who was with quasi for basically their entire life up to that point, and his daughter/Alien's little sister (Hindie) from the home and refuses, still, to allow kitty visitations. Both of the boys had been quite depressed since they were taken from the home. My boyfriend said that when I left after my first weekend stay, the boys had both gotten very very sad. He was sad due to the fact that he hadn't seen the boys that happy in a little while at that point. I kept coming over more and more and hated when I would leave. My boyfriend would send a video showing Quasi almost literally crying at the front door for hours after I left. It broke my heart. So. I moved in! I havent ever loved a kitty as much as I love these two (sorry can't lie lol) and I have never felt more whole in a long time. I didnt realize how much I needed these little men in my life. Now, a little while later, and after doing countless hours of research, I am starting to look into finding a little baby girl to bring home! No one will ever replace these boys in my heart, but I want the opportunity to raise a little one from the start and to bring some young kitten energy into the home! I know. Im weird but hey. Seems that you gotta be a little weird in order to fit in in the spbynx community and the sphynx hearts. My only problem is that covid has taken so much from me and everyone In my life that I can't afford a little one and won't be able to for some time. Playing catch up after losing everything has been hard and it sucks. But still. I keep putting money aside every chance I get and hope to find a young one to bring home someday soon!
P.s. sorry. I tend to ramble a lot. Cabin fever when you're an extrovert creates overly sharing me...

Sheldon13

Staff member
Welcome! Take your time finding the new bundle of joy. The right one will come into your life.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

SkeletonQueen08

Lairian
Welcome! Take your time finding the new bundle of joy. The right one will come into your life.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need
Oh I agree whole heartedly. That's how I view most things in my life. Sometimes it's just aggravating because, as much as I try not to be, I am impatient as all get out when it comes to something im excited as I am about this! Also this is the first time I've been able to have pets in almost 5 years. Hit a rough patch in life where nothing seemed to go right and had many failed relationships. Finally found a good one and things have been improving so much so now I'm allowing myself some excitement for once! Haha!

Lukassmile

Lairian
Welcome! I’ve never seen or met a Sphynx before but I’m in talks to get one around New Years! What an amazing story! Is there a reason you want a female? Just curious cause I have been asked which I prefer and never knew why it would be anything to consider.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member

Yoda mom

Staff member
@SkeletonQueen08
welcome to the lair family. jump in and enjoy this. fun friendly bunch! I have 4 adoptees. be sure to read the link about fraud tips. it helped when I looked at ads outside the sphynxlair. stay active with us. several of us have adopted from members too!

SkeletonQueen08

Lairian
Welcome! I’ve never seen or met a Sphynx before but I’m in talks to get one around New Years! What an amazing story! Is there a reason you want a female? Just curious cause I have been asked which I prefer and never knew why it would be anything to consider.

For me its because I am greatly outnumbered. All of the pets except for the dog in the house, which is hard to count as she's probably about as old as sin itself, are male. Including the three betta fish I have. Also In my life I've noticed that male cats tend to get along with and bond with male humans more than female humans and the opposite for female animals. I know that's not the case for everyone but for me that's my reality haha. Also in the pet world there's benefits and drawbacks for males or females of any pet trade. Particularly for cats males if not fixed they can spray to mark territory and what not, can be more aggressive, or what have you. Honestly its really up to the individual and how they feel. Sometimes people have had bad experiences with males or females so they have preference based upon that. Another reality for me is a few years ago I had the sweetest male kitty. He was neutered well before I was around (exes cat) but one day he started acting really weird. So we made the decision to take him to the emergency vet office. His urine had formed crystals and he needed surgery. We went ahead and said they could do it. He made it through surgery just fine. He then passed a couple of hours later. He was only about 2 years old at that point. It totally wrecked my heart and still makes it hard for me to want to get another male kitty. :/

SkeletonQueen08

Lairian
@SkeletonQueen08
welcome to the lair family. jump in and enjoy this. fun friendly bunch! I have 4 adoptees. be sure to read the link about fraud tips. it helped when I looked at ads outside the sphynxlair. stay active with us. several of us have adopted from members too!
Oh yeah for sure. I've been researching pretty hard core for the last 4 months and I actually reference this website a lot. I just thought I had created an account only to find out I hadn't! Im really weary as is as I know how messed up people can be. I used to be pretty heavily involved in the aquatics and reptile industries. Before I left one of my exes about 4 years back, we were on the tracks to open our own LLC in those areas of specialty. I now currently help operate a technology business and we deal with the same type of crap all the time. Thank you so much for the resources!

Lukassmile

Lairian
For me its because I am greatly outnumbered. All of the pets except for the dog in the house, which is hard to count as she's probably about as old as sin itself, are male. Including the three betta fish I have. Also In my life I've noticed that male cats tend to get along with and bond with male humans more than female humans and the opposite for female animals. I know that's not the case for everyone but for me that's my reality haha. Also in the pet world there's benefits and drawbacks for males or females of any pet trade. Particularly for cats males if not fixed they can spray to mark territory and what not, can be more aggressive, or what have you. Honestly its really up to the individual and how they feel. Sometimes people have had bad experiences with males or females so they have preference based upon that. Another reality for me is a few years ago I had the sweetest male kitty. He was neutered well before I was around (exes cat) but one day he started acting really weird. So we made the decision to take him to the emergency vet office. His urine had formed crystals and he needed surgery. We went ahead and said they could do it. He made it through surgery just fine. He then passed a couple of hours later. He was only about 2 years old at that point. It totally wrecked my heart and still makes it hard for me to want to get another male kitty. :/

thank you for answering! I’m so sorry about your kitty. That’s so horrible! I was asking a little for selfish reasons because I cannot make up my mind. growing up I had many many many cats but my mom only Allowed female because she said male cats urine smells too bad! Lmao! But As an adult I adopted a male kitten and he was a saint! A crazy weird little nuisance, but he was sooo chill, never meowed, always used the litter box, would eat anything I gave him. I never did notice a difference in smell btw. the only thing is he was a loner. And I reallllly just wanted to smush his little face all the time! But he wanted no parts of it Lmaoo!

SkeletonQueen08

Lairian
Welcome to sphynxlair. How great you found 3 new loves in your life:). Do you have a pic to share of Quasi and Alien?
Of course. I will have to add the pictures here in a bit when I can get to my phone. I broke my case and refuse to let it leave its spot so I don’t break it! Ugh. But yes. I have endless pictures of all three of my newfound loves to share!

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@SkeletonQueen08 Welcome to the lair I love your stories and your little boy sphynxes yes we opted for female cats because our male cat had FLUTD and so we wanted to avoid that.

Your sphynx boys are over the moon with you!

Keep rambling it’s great.

SkeletonQueen08

Lairian
20201001_042911.jpg
20201001_042911.jpg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1600942907132_6714841239156610806.jpeg

So as promised here is the start of my photo dump. Quasi is the more naked one and the one under my head as well. I'll get to story time here in a few but I figured i would drop a couple pics before yall go crazy without meeting my boys.

SkeletonQueen08

Lairian
Sorry guys. I've been stupid levels of busy. Ugh. Anyways.
I decided to actually get two. They're sisters from the same litter. I figured it would be kinda rude to get one female when I have my two boys. Didn't want to cause any issues between the boys by having some weird love triangle/ third wheel type thing going on, plus when the girls were here (my boyfriends ex took the girls when they split up) they had their "mate" so to speak. Don't want jealousy issues or to have the new little lady to be smothered! The girls names are Ruby and Lilith. They're freaking cute as can be and I will be picking up late April into early May.

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow a foursome at your home. You must be so excited on expanding your family. I would love to have a house full of these little delights. I really envy you. Please keep us updated on their arrival and how your coping with integrating the new ones. I am too nervous too add to my little mans world as we, or should I rather say, I am so happy and content.
I shall be using your experiences as a social study to see if he gets a brother or sister, as he is neuted.

Enjoy your new feelings of excitement

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@SkeletonQueen08 oohhh congratulations so excited for you wonderful that you were adding to your home it’ll be great that they’ll have each other for company keep us posted how exciting!

SkeletonQueen08

Lairian
Wow a foursome at your home. You must be so excited on expanding your family. I would love to have a house full of these little delights. I really envy you. Please keep us updated on their arrival and how your coping with integrating the new ones. I am too nervous too add to my little mans world as we, or should I rather say, I am so happy and content.
I shall be using your experiences as a social study to see if he gets a brother or sister, as he is neuted.

Enjoy your new feelings of excitement
Oh yes not a problem! I don't think the integration will be too hard as these boys did once upon a time have their lady counter parts for them before my boyfriends *soon to be* ex-wife took their counterparts with her when she left almost a year and a half ago now. The one we call Q or Quasi has more or less imprinted on me and acts as if I'm more than just a human cuddle buddy. He's adorable but I think he definitely misses having his lady around. He's about 6 or 7 years old now and he always had his girlfriend (pixie) around. They got her around the same time they got him. So it's been hard for him. Until I came around. Haha

Back