Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New kitten coming soon and need some advice

JennyP

Lairian
I have a 7 month Sphynx named Mouse. I will be collecting a new sphynx kitty named Abe in 2 weeks she is 3 1/3 months old. Can any one give me any tips on introducing them so that they can be friends from the start? Also, any tips on them sharing one litter tray?
Thanks guys!!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi JennyP and welcome to Sphynx Lair! We literally just had a discussion about this subject recently with another member about introducing a new cat. I tried searching it but could not find (and I have to go to work, sorry) but some one will remember it hopefully and post the link for you, so check back later.:Laugh:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi JennyP and welcome to Sphynx Lair! We literally just had a discussion about this subject recently with another member about introducing a new cat. I tried searching it but could not find (and I have to go to work, sorry) but some one will remember it hopefully and post the link for you, so check back later.:Laugh:
I found it! here it is, hope this helps http://www.sphynxlair.com/showthread.php?t=530&highlight=kitty

Brooke

Banned
I have a 7 month Sphynx named Mouse. I will be collecting a new sphynx kitty named Abe in 2 weeks she is 3 1/3 months old. Can any one give me any tips on introducing them so that they can be friends from the start? Also, any tips on them sharing one litter tray?
Thanks guys!!!

Welcome to the forum, JennyP! And congratulations on your new sphynx baby :Laugh:

The link admin posted above has lots of good advice. When I introduced my cats, there was a little bit of hissing but I never had to deal with any fighting. Fingers crossed that it will be just as easy for you!

As far as sharing the litter box, I have one box for both my cats and they have no problem sharing it. It just fills up faster and I have to clean it more often.

Good luck with the introduction! Please keep us posted, and please post some photos of your sphynxes!! We love to see photos!!!!:Smile:

Allison

Lairian
That very question was what started me writing my blog.... would the new baby get on with the "old" baby.

Things have gone pretty well. Pierre (the kitten) still oversteps the boundaries sometimes and ends up with a slap from Luna, but they play together and sit closely for the most part.

I am sure it will be fine as long as you give your current cat as much attention as they are used to and not make a big fuss with them sorting things out. Let them be unless it is turning extremely violent and they will cope. Don't force them into close proximity and they will define the rules amongst themselves

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to Sphynx Lair.
I have 5 cats and a new sphynx coming and they all get along well.
I do expect my sphynx to hiss since she hisses at teh cats in the ring at cat shows.
The thread admin posted has good advice.

JennyP

Lairian
Thanks for all the help guys. As I type this Mouse and Mytle are curled up together snoozing in a blanket on the bottom of the bed as though they have been friends forever. Peace reigns... until Mouse wakes up and needs to remind Myrtle that he is the boss!! I'll post some pics of them in the next few days.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's good news! Glad to hear they get along. Those are really cute names! Can't wait to see the pics.

Back