Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Litter

susi794

Staff member
Well, I watched a phenomenal thing last night...my darling Othie Marie gave birth to six new babies. Miracle enough, but she chose to have them in the bassinette with Mabel and her three babies. It was so cool to watch--Mabel actually midwifed for Othie. She would get right in there and clean up the baby with Othie--she helped take care of the placentas, she warmed the babies while Othie would be contracting with the next one. It was team work at its finest. After everything settled down, I tried to separate them--but in the night, they moved back in together. I checked a gazillion times through the night and they are all blissfully coexisting...so I am going to leave them be.
Here's a pic or two:

gizmo6370

Banned
Congrats on the 6 newborns....they look very pretty :Adore:
I love the way how they are snuggled together....one big litter and two mama's.....sweet :Smile:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Once again, I can't see the pictures for some reason. :(

It sounds like you witnessed a beautiful moment. Sounds so cool. I bet they are beautiful. I'll try to work on this technical difficulty I am experiencing, in hopes that I will be able to see the photos you posted.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That sounds so beautiful and loving. It's good to see such a special bond over such a wonderful occasion. Congratulations!!:ThumbsUp:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The momma's look so content and happy. Very beautiful. Congrats on the new litter!!!

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Susi u are so frekin lucky to watch such a beautiful thing! Congrats on all ur babies I'm so glad they r such good mommys to their babies! The team work just blows me away btw I'm coming to stay with u & ur kittys for a while!! Lol ;) xoxoxo give them all a kiss for me!

English Dave

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's awesome! I think breeding cats would be so rewarding (not financially) and give such a sense of satisfaction that I'd love to do it!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
awww congratulations mommies!!!! That is such an amazing story!! Very precious!!! What beautifull kittens!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, Susi, after everything you went through last month, this is a beautiful turn of events! :BigSmile: You and your babies really deserved this good fortune! Sounds like you have a couple of really competent mommas on your hands there, too. The photos of the two litters are beautiful...thanks for sharing them with us. :ThumbsUp:

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well, I watched a phenomenal thing last night...my darling Othie Marie gave birth to six new babies. Miracle enough, but she chose to have them in the bassinette with Mabel and her three babies. It was so cool to watch--Mabel actually midwifed for Othie. She would get right in there and clean up the baby with Othie--she helped take care of the placentas, she warmed the babies while Othie would be contracting with the next one. It was team work at its finest. After everything settled down, I tried to separate them--but in the night, they moved back in together. I checked a gazillion times through the night and they are all blissfully coexisting...so I am going to leave them be.
Here's a pic or two:

How adorably sweet is that!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Well congrats and tell Mable I sure could have used her the other day:Sweat::Laugh:

Now you have 3 litters? am I keeping up?

susi794

Staff member
Well congrats and tell Mable I sure could have used her the other day:Sweat::Laugh:

Now you have 3 litters? am I keeping up?
Yes, One with only Bertha Rose, from Habibi, one with Mabel--Eggnog, Noel and Coal, and now one from Othie--six babies--no names yet--don't want to jinx anything. Not sure if boys or girls yet either. Hopefully that will be all the babies for awhile now.
I need to get Moody neutered SOON--was going to do it last week, but my vet went out of town for two weeks. I want to neuter him and Pruney and spay Habibi and Dulcinea. That will give all the girls a rest until Boo gets old enough to stud.

susi794

Staff member
Susi u are so frekin lucky to watch such a beautiful thing! Congrats on all ur babies I'm so glad they r such good mommys to their babies! The team work just blows me away btw I'm coming to stay with u & ur kittys for a while!! Lol ;) xoxoxo give them all a kiss for me!
Any time! LOL Just remember I have a sexually active male cat around--so everything that is in his path gets "baptized" tom cat style--I run around all day with vinegar and water spray bottle and sometimes if he's in rare form, I make him wear his studpants.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Any time! LOL Just remember I have a sexually active male cat around--so everything that is in his path gets "baptized" tom cat style--I run around all day with vinegar and water spray bottle and sometimes if he's in rare form, I make him wear his studpants.

Ha ha ha ha!!! Baptized!!! Really made me laugh. Really cute little kittens and mothers looking after them. Hope they all stay fit and well.

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Adore::Adore: Oh Susi! I am so happy that you have some sunshine after your last month...congratulations on your fantastic news!

Back