Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Member of Our Family

susi794

Staff member
Hi Everybody! I made the decision today to take in one of Lydia's little senior rescues. Raven is a 13 year old Schnauzer/Poodle mix, abandoned and scared, getting some medical care first then off she comes to Michigan!

Welcome to the family Raven--anxiously waiting for your arrival. Will post more pics as I get them. Lydia says she was so scared in the shelter--just couldn't understand why she was abandoned. Hoping she'll never feel that way ever again.
God bless you, Lydia for finding a voice for those who cannot speak.
Hugs,
Susi and the gang

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Susi, that is so awesome that you'll be fostering Raven. :BigSmile: I've volunteered to help Lydia, too, and have plans to foster Ozzy, the 10-year old doxie with cateracts. It just saddens me how many elderly dogs out there become abandoned. I hope that we can find more folks here who can foster these deserving pups.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bless you both. :ThumbsUp:

Thanks, havingalook! :Smile: I've just lost my 15-year old Siamese cat Sydney two weeks ago, so the timing was right and I now have the space at home for a little dog. I miss Sydney a lot but there are so many other animals who need a place.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Could cry :Cry: (but good tears), it's great to see the older pups getting a new chance as they are usually overlooked.

susi794

Staff member
Hi Susi, that is so awesome that you'll be fostering Raven. :BigSmile: I've volunteered to help Lydia, too, and have plans to foster Ozzy, the 10-year old doxie with cateracts. It just saddens me how many elderly dogs out there become abandoned. I hope that we can find more folks here who can foster these deserving pups.

Good for you, Debbie! Ozzy looks very cute! Am so happy he'll be going to a loving place.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
awe, what a happy ending for this pup! (i call all dogs pup! lol) congrats on your new baby! i'm sure the kitties will love a new play mate with lots of furry hair to snuggle in!

susi794

Staff member

I'm so sorry about Sydney--but I bet she'd be proud of you for offering Ozzy a loving place to go.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good for you, Debbie! Ozzy looks very cute! Am so happy he'll be going to a loving place.

Thanks, Susi. This is my first attempt at fostering and I'm not experienced with dogs, so I may be hitting you and Lydia up with some questions. Ozzy will certainly have a loving home here and I think he'll fit in okay with my kitties.

susi794

Staff member
I am also fostering, but I won't be upset if it turns into a forever home --if she is happy here.

susi794

Staff member
Thanks, Susi. This is my first attempt at fostering and I'm not experienced with dogs, so I may be hitting you and Lydia up with some questions. Ozzy will certainly have a loving home here and I think he'll fit in okay with my kitties.

Me too with fostering--but have had dogs all my life. Lydia told me that Ozzy gets along well with kitties and is just a silly goof. He sounds adorable--I had a miniature daschund when I was first married named Siggie--adored her. I bet you'll love him to pieces. Will try to help you any way I can if you have questions...but I'm sure Lydia will be a great resource for us both.

susi794

Staff member
Poor little Raven's story and that sad little face just stole my heart...the part about being scared and not understanding why she was abandoned...I've been there myself...so maybe we will be soulmates. Who knows? I just know I had to try to save her if I could.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Poor little Raven's story and that sad little face just stole my heart...the part about being scared and not understanding why she was abandoned...I've been there myself...so maybe we will be soulmates. Who knows? I just know I had to try to save her if I could.

I know...Raven's story is so heartbreaking but I'm very glad that she has you now to foster her! Ozzy has a sad story, too; apparently he was abandoned on the streets. :Cry: Are you fostering Marmalade, too? Isn't she the little chihuahua?

susi794

Staff member
She's the little chihuahua, but no, am only able to foster one. Wish I could take her too though. Just can't and still give attention to my other animals. Lydia thinks she will be easier to place. Ozzy is a lucky boy to come home with you. Am so glad you're taking him.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm so glad you both are opening your homes and heart to these poor dogs. They deserved to feel loved and cared for. They are goign to thrive under your care.

So glad to see you're back, SydKat. Sorry to hear about your Sydney. You and Piglet's pet assisted therapy work has always been an inspiration to me. You'll have to check out my Sphynx Quest Update thread for more details to see what you started! :ThumbsUp:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Am I missing Lydia's post on the puppers? I want to see!!

Me Too!

Susi, that is wonderful news! and Sydkatz too:ThumbsUp: The seniors are so very special, I would take a senior over a puppy any day, there is a knowing, wiseness in their eyes that speaks to my heart! You guys are awesome!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so glad you both are opening your homes and heart to these poor dogs. They deserved to feel loved and cared for. They are goign to thrive under your care.

So glad to see you're back, SydKat. Sorry to hear about your Sydney. You and Piglet's pet assisted therapy work has always been an inspiration to me. You'll have to check out my Sphynx Quest Update thread for more details to see what you started! :ThumbsUp:

Thanks, MMSB! I'm looking forward to seeing your Sphynx Quest Update thread...it sounds very interesting! :BigSmile: Piglet and I are still doing the pet therapy regularly; it amazes me all the time how much of an impact Piglet has on the folks we visit.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Am I missing Lydia's post on the puppers? I want to see!!

If you're on Facebook, you can check out some of the dogs on Lydia Kunzler's page...it is through The Grey Muzzle organization. I think there are a couple of chihuahuas, an IG, and several other doggies that are still looking for fosters.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You gals are just totally awesome for taking in the older dogs. Last year my dad adopted a nine year old German Shepherd from a nearby breeder who raises them for police forces and sells them with the stipulation that when they're retired from the force that they have to be returned to him if their human partner doesn't want to adopt them. She's the best dog ever! The only problem he had with her is that she was a working dog in Germany so he had to learn all the doggy commands in German. He gets a lot of looks when he goes to town with Freida and his other dog sitting in the back seat of his pickup (his other dog is a 130 lbs Rotty that he got from a rotty rescue group). Says he has no worries about leaving his truck unlocked and running while he goes in a store!

I wish I worked reasonable hours, I'd love to take in one of these older pups. But being away from home for 15 hours on the days I work just isn't conducive to having a dog. :Cry:

Bella07

Banned
How wonderful of all of you to be pitching in and helping these babies in need! I foster cats for the animal rescue league, and trust me, fostering is one of the most worthwhile experiences. Your home will be filled with even more love than you ever could have imagined, especially as you look into the grateful faces of the ones that you are saving. Good Luck!

Back