Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
What a beautiful girl. Can imagine you feel.sad about the other kitten. Hopefully soon you'll fall in love with this new kitten. I think she will be perfect!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
She is beautiful and agree with everyone. Sometimes we never know why things happen the way they do, but you have enough love in your heart to fall even harder for this one.

Devi

Lairian
@pussiette Willow was spayed yesterday. Feeling alot better about everything but still I feel it was wrong doing what she did after I paid for the kitten in full... But awanyways her Breeder is yet to confirm the actual delivery day but if it is on the 24th I changed my appointments around just incase. Hoping she lets me know soon so I can book the Vet appointment in advance.

New shirts are on the way though. :D We got her a Christmas shirt, My little pony shirt and a Watermelon shirt.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I know it’s hard. It is not uncommon for breeders to keep pick of the litter to use for their future breeding program. It just sucks you got to pick one and then the breeder made the decision. The good thing is they recognized their choice to keep the kitten meant they should do right by you and made the option of refund or another kitten. We do hear some horror stories of breeders not doing the right thing.on a happy note, glad the spay is over and one step closer to getting your baby.

Devi

Lairian
I know it’s hard. It is not uncommon for breeders to keep pick of the litter to use for their future breeding program. It just sucks you got to pick one and then the breeder made the decision. The good thing is they recognized their choice to keep the kitten meant they should do right by you and made the option of refund or another kitten. We do hear some horror stories of breeders not doing the right thing.on a happy note, glad the spay is over and one step closer to getting your baby.
The only reason I was upset was because she waited 3 days before getting all the kittens spayed... And she didn't tell me... I just compared photos.

I don't mind now though, I'm just happy I am getting a kitten after years of saving and waiting.

Devi

Lairian
So you confronted her about it? And she confirmed?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need
Yep and she said she was going to keep my kitten as a future queen and she basically gave me the other female that she was planning on keeping because the darker kitten is bigger then the kitten she gave me. She offered refund and going back on the waiting list or keep the new Willow. She did not care that I was upset about it...

she could have made the choice sooner and at least let me know instead of finding out the way I did.

I am happy with the new Willow.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Devi , (((hugs))))) I am sorry the breeder was not understanding for your feelings. I had this happen to me years ago with a rottie pup she decided to keep in her breeding program. I did not find out till I got there on gotcha day... Then I saw Sam and he came running over and stole my heart immediately and took him home. (Ironically months later, the breeder called me back and asked if I could take the original pup I went there for). I went and picked him up , Zolo. He knew his name already so I kept it.. so that is how I ended up with 2 rottie littermates, Sam and Zolo Bubba Bear.

All paws crossed that gotcha day is confirmed soon since you scheduled your time. are you picking baby WIllow up in person? healing vibes for her spay recovery , one day closer to gotcha day! so exciting!

omg, can't wait to see gotcha day pics and those sweaters.. spoiled little baby WIllow. she is darling...

look forward to update pics too

I would want a gotcha day confirmed so you can schedule the wellness visit ahead of time. you can always make an appointment and reschedule if things change.

I personally do not think it is unreasonable to confirm a gotcha day especially since you rearranged your schedule and paid in full.
is this a delivered WIillow gotcha or pick up in person?

Last edited:

Sheldon13

Staff member
That’s too bad. I think you will love the new kitten but I understand how it must have felt to get the rug pulled out from under you.

Devi

Lairian
51ACD854-93EE-45EC-B393-C701346E8ED3.jpeg

SHES HERE. Shes so playful and cuddly already.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Eeeeee! So adorable you MUST do an introduction thread in a few days when you know some of her likes and dislikes, quirks, personality, habits, etc. I can’t wait!

Also her little outfit is perfect too

Back