Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Movie with a Sphynx Cat as the Villain!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was watching "The Princess and the Frog" with my niece today and this trailer for a new animated movie, "Cats & Dogs - The Revenge of Kitty Galore" was shown during the previews...check it out:

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.uk/catsanddogs2/

More info about the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1287468/

Kitty Galore, the villain of this movie, is a sphynx cat! And Bette Midler is the voice for this new sphynx villain! My niece was so excited to see a new animated character who looks just like her beloved Piglet...needless to say, we both can't wait until this movie comes out to see Ms. Kitty Galore in action! :ThumbsUp:

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Where will the world premiere be? We should get a group together & make a Sphynx Lair convention of it!!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
AWESOME!!!!! BUT the sphynx should have been good not evil lol:Wink:

I know!!! :Frown: Now everybody (the general public) is going to think that sphynx cats are bad just like people used to believe about Siamese cats after "Lady and the Tramp" came out.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I really, really hope that this won't start a fad though. Like when everyone bought Dalmatians because of 101 dalmatians, and fish because of Finding Nemo etc. I can see there being a surge in kitten buying without the research.

Saying that, it does look like a fun family movie (I watched the first one and quite enjoyed it.)

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I really, really hope that this won't start a fad though. Like when everyone bought Dalmatians because of 101 dalmatians, and fish because of Finding Nemo etc. I can see there being a surge in kitten buying without the research.

Saying that, it does look like a fun family movie (I watched the first one and quite enjoyed it.)

I thought of that, too, actually. That could happen...or the opposite could happen, people won't want a sphynx because they'll think that sphynx cats are "bad" after seeing the movie (which is what happened to Siamese cats after "Lady & The Tramp"). I do hope the latter will happen, because I don't want to see sphynx cats become a "fad" and have a bunch of idiots out there clammering to own one. I like having a breed of cat that is so rare and "exclusive", so to speak, that not many other people know about it, let alone have one. :Wink:

PitRottMommy

Banned
Think Buck is Kitty Galore's doppleganger?

100_0853.jpg

PitRottMommy

Banned

I agree. I can already see a rush of people with HCM cats who can't see from herpes, who also have chronic URIs--all thanks to BYBing. Ugh, lord help us all.

Annabanana

Lairian
I dont think it will be much of a detriment either way. We're kind of a special sort of people to love bald cats LOL

And it doesnt look like its going to be a total smash hit. If it didnt have a sphynx in it, I wouldnt go to see it. My kidlet wasnt even interested in watching the preview. Im not too worried.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'll be rooting for Kitty Galore too! If it takes all those other cats and dogs to overthrow the "evil sphynx" I'd say they're portraying the breed as super intelligent! I like the concept- a sphynx taking over the world! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

You're right guys, hopefully no fad buying.

Back