Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Nekkid Baby to Arrive Monday!

So on Monday at 3:52pm, my new Sphynx girl will be arriving at the airport! She is a seal point tortie and she is 8 months old. She is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait another second for her to get here! The breeders have been awesome and they have chosen us to be her forever family!! I know it was difficult for them to let her go and they loved and cared for her very much. They had 3 little boys available that were born in January and I had my eye on a little mackerel tabby but I saw this picture of the girl for a September litter that they had kept, I knew that was MY girl! I kept going back and forth between the boy and the girl and something just kept drawing me back to her. She was meant to come home with us!!!

I hope Gable is a gentleman when he meets her. I want them to enjoy each other's company. He really needs a friend to play with. Maybe now he will stop standing at the door screen and pathetically yowling to the cats, squirrels, etc that he sees outside.

I am just so excited!! Two more sleeps!!!! Two more!!!!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Oh my goodness, I bet your super excited! I remember the first few nights before I brought Snuffie home I had to take sleeping pills just so I could sleep at night! Can't wait to see pics and hear of her safe arrival home! Congrats!!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
That great news dreaming_in_colour! cant wait to hear the story of how the meeting will go and see pictures of the new sphynx kitty! Good luck!:ThumbsUp:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
How exciting! We will all be anxious with you, lol, Can't wait for pics of the new nekkie!

One more sleep everyone!!!

My husband is coming along to the airport to be photographer so we will have plenty of "homecoming pictures". I am taking my son out of school a bit early but my poor daughter has softball practice she can't miss because she has a big game Tuesday. I am taking Tuesday off work so I can be home the next day :)

I am nervous about introducing Gable to his new friend. I have had experience introducing new house bunnies and ratties to each other but no experience with cats. Since she has left her home and family, been on a flight and now to new home and family, I don't want it to be too stressful for her.

Congratulations! I hate to rain on the excitement parade, but you really should isolate her for a week or ten days to make sure she gives nothing to Gable.

Thanks Susi, I wondered about that. Does that mean no introductions at all for a week or so? I know with the ratties, it is the same way. You keep them in separate rooms for at least a week to make sure no one has myco or anything else to pass along.

susi794

Staff member
I know it's hard--but eventhough you're doing business with an awesome breeder, the stress of the plane ride can cause otherwise unseen things to flare up and can definitely make your Gable sick.
My Lulu infected everyone in my house....and that was after a one week isolation....10 days would be great, but it's soooooo hard to do.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is she home? Hows she doing? You gotta keep us informed, we are dying here!!! lol And oh yes.... PICS~!!

Back