New Parents

Discussion in 'Introductions!' started by nbolin, Apr 22, 2009.

1. nbolin

nbolinSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $387.00
    Ratings:
    +133
    Hey all! I am a Navy wife living in Kingsbay GA. Me and my husband are going to be the proud owners of a Sphynx kitten in June. It was born just about a month ago, so I have some waiting to do...which is killing me. I have two cats already, but will be new to the Sphynx way of things. I am so excited! The only picture I have right now is the one set as my avatar. I am begging the breeder for more pics, and will post as soon as I have them. If anyone has any good advice for us, it would be appreciated ;o) Hope to talk to ya'll more!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

2. ElGatoLoco

ElGatoLocoV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $2,548.20
    Ratings:
    +993
    There's something special about the sphynx. I think you'll see that from everyone here. Can't wait to here more stories and see more pictures of your little friend. Getting a sphynx was one of the best decisions I ever made and I'm so happy to have one.

3. silly4lilly

silly4lillyLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $490.61
    Ratings:
    +73
    congrats! is it a boy or girl?
    def. post more pictures when you get them! sphynx kittens are so cute

4. ilovemysphynx

ilovemysphynxAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $6,141.16
    Ratings:
    +3,088
    • Fish
    • Dragon fly
    • Candy
    Congrats, you are going to just love your new baby! Any questions that you have just ask at least one of us will have A answer for you.

5. kerrie78

kerrie78Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $555.00
    Ratings:
    +89
    After having a Sphynx you will never go back to a regular cat again!

6. nbolin

Sphynx Bucks:
    $387.00
    Ratings:
    +133
    I am so excited! We actually got to pick him up yesterday! He is so redicously cute I want to cry! It's a little boy sphynx! My heart melted the second the breeder put him in my lap and he climbed right up on my shoulder, layed down, and just chilled out. He also is not really afraid of anything, aaaaand he is DEFINATELY a talker lol! I am a little worried that he has only eaten twice in the past two days, and I havn't been able to get him to drink water yet. I'm just guessing for now that he is just getting used to his new home. I have taken a few good pics and I will post them as soon as I figure out how to do it on here lol.

7. ElGatoLoco

ElGatoLocoV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $2,548.20
    Ratings:
    +993
    Whooooo Hoooo! Welcome to the club. As far as the food is concerned, I wouldn't worry too much just yet. ButterBall will go for a day or two without water or food. But then that little sucker pigs out and drinks anything that's wet including my cola. So I guess as long as he gains weight he's good to go. ButterBall has gained about 5 pounds since January. He's been eating more and more too. It's harder to keep food in his bowl. It actually works out sometimes though because Ball gets his little kibble all over the place but when he doesn't have any kibble in the bowl he roots for it around the floor saving me from having to clean it up. I try to keep it in his bowl though. I sure wouldn't want to eat off the floor.

Oh, another thought just popped in my head. ButterBall didn't seem to care for the Iams I was feeding him but when I got the Science Diet he seemed to eat more.

8. admin

adminAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $289,045.84
    Ratings:
    +18,107
    • Pig
    • Venus Fly trap
    • Black Sphynx
    • Skull head
    I wouldn't be overly concerned just yet, It takes a few days sometimes for these cutie's to adjust. Show him where the food and water is, lay or sit near the water and kind of play with it with your fingers, then rub a little on his lips, you can also do this with food, put a little on your finger and rub his lips with it. Do this every couple of hours.
    P.S Don't forget about the real baby! LOL:tinysmile_twink_t:
    He sure is a cutie!
    heres a link on how to use this site http://www.sphynxlair.com/faq.php

9. nbolin

Sphynx Bucks:
    $387.00
    Ratings:
    +133
    I have him on a mixture of Science diet and Goodlife Recipe..except he seems to eat around the Science diet lol. Thanks for the advice about him eating or drinking. Does your cat ever attack your clothes? He doesnt care about mice, or those little foil balls..but he has a ball tryng to dig through my clothes and bite at them...it's pretty funny!

10. admin

Sphynx Bucks:
    $289,045.84
    Ratings:
    +18,107
    • Pig
    • Venus Fly trap
    • Black Sphynx
    • Skull head
    Yeah they all have there own crazy "pet peaves" !
    My cat's like my daughter's hair bands.

11. nbolin

Sphynx Bucks:
    $387.00
    Ratings:
    +133
    Re: Kreacher

Yay! lol me and my husband finally came up with a name for out little guy! His name is Kreacher! For any of you Harry Potter fans, you know who Kreacher is ;o) I am so excited cause it is so fitting. I am already seeing traits in him that are pretty unique for a cat to do. he definately loves cuddling, but I would put him as part kitten/baby/2 year old/monkey/dog/crackhead lol. I have to other cats and it's cool to see how much different the sphynx personality is. They are also definately very smart. As for the water thing that I heard about..you know "That they are supposed to like or at least be ok with water"..well Kreacher hates it and I have scratches all over my arms to prove it! lol We just moved so I can't find my camera..but when I do i'll get more pics posted.

Also has anyone ever heard of putting coconut oil on certain places on your sphynx like thier nose/butt/etc. places that get dirty pretty quick to promote cleaning? If so does anyone have advice about it or know where I would find some?

12. admin

Sphynx Bucks:
    $289,045.84
    Ratings:
    +18,107
    • Pig
    • Venus Fly trap
    • Black Sphynx
    • Skull head
    Congrats Nbolin,
    And welcome back!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t
    coooool name!:tinysmile_classes_t
    Well I have heard of using coconut oil to "loosen" up the dirt before a bath, but never heard of using it for self grooming.
    Can't wait to see new pics!

13. sydkat7

sydkat7V.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $572.00
    Ratings:
    +658
    Re: Kreacher

Hi nbolin, Congrats on your new sphynx addition! Your new sphynx baby will open you up to a whole new world of silliness, laughs, and love that you have never seen with other cats. I have two Siamese cats in addition to my sphynx, but my sphynx girl is definitely much more silly, adaptable, and smart as a whip!

As far as the coconut oil is concerned, you can find it at any health food store. I use it sometimes for cooking as it's supposed to be good for folks who have thyroid issues like I do. I haven't heard about it being used for sphynx cats but it shouldn't hurt them, as the coconut oil is supposed to be very good for the skin.

14. kerrie78

kerrie78Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $555.00
    Ratings:
    +89
    CONGRATS!!!!! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

15. Moonstone

MoonstoneLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $471.00
    Ratings:
    +6
    Concerning the food, do you propose him the same food than he ate with the breeder ?
    Usually it's more easy to continue the same food.

The food and the litter box must not be too close , it could be a problem. But as you already have 2 cats, I think you already know this point !
    :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

To confirm waht was said before, the little boy has so much things to discover in his new house, that he surely does not have enough time to eat and drink!
    :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Concerning his passion towards the clothes :tinysmile_aha_t: it's his own fantasy !
    if you train him to play with another things he will progressively stop I suppose.

Your little little boy is so cute, I watched your album a few hours ago...kiss on his nose !