Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Pink Beds

So on Saturday I bought Amaryllis a new bed. She LOVES sleeping under things like the tables, the beds, so I thought I would get her a nice covered bed and maybe she would enjoy sleeping in that, as she does not use the regular bed I got for her.Well she loved it and went in and flopped down right away. Gable was soooo jealous (now he just got a new bed a few weeks ago). He kept going in it and taking it over. When she was in it, he would get mad and refuse to lay in his bed. He would just sit in front of it and stare. So today, we went to buy him one as well but all they had was the same bed...in pink. He seems quite pleased though and now both cats will curl up and sleep in the family room with everyone! My husband said it is bad enough I call him Gable Marie and now I get him a pink bed...:LOL::LOL:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We have the same bed!! Freya LOVED it! I use past tense, because once it got dirty, I took out the little pad inside and washed it. DONT DO THAT! None of the cats have used it since it got washed:Dizzy: Apparently this is a common weirdness in sphynx

Gable Marie???? I thought I was the only one on Earth that calls my cats ____Marie! Now I love you even more, dreaming in color! You ae a kindred soul.

I replied to your post on the thread about cat's names and was so excited to hear that someone other than myself does that!

My grandmother, mother, myself and daughter are all middle name Marie and I always call the kitties with Marie after their names. Hubby laughed at me at first but now he does it too!

That just really makes me smile Susi! Kindred indeed! :BigSmile:

susi794

Staff member
I must've missed your reply on that post---my sister and I both do it---everybody's middle name is Marie. We even call each other Marie too. LOL
Ok, dreaming in color Marie, I will talk to you later.....
Hugs,
Susi Marie, Moody Marie, Habibi Marie, Dulce Marie, Mabel Marie, Othie Marie, Pruney Marie, Boo Marie, Lulu Marie and Beanie the Beagle Marie:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I replied to your post on the thread about cat's names and was so excited to hear that someone other than myself does that!

My grandmother, mother, myself and daughter are all middle name Marie and I always call the kitties with Marie after their names. Hubby laughed at me at first but now he does it too!

That just really makes me smile Susi! Kindred indeed! :BigSmile:

THAT was the dirty bed that got washed???!!! Thank you for reminding me! I will just have to leave them be when they get all dirty and grimy. It will bother me to no end to do so but better than having them quit using it.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yep that's the one, they are still not using it, despite my best efforts, now we have a $25 wall decoration:Laugh:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
THAT was the dirty bed that got washed???!!! Thank you for reminding me! I will just have to leave them be when they get all dirty and grimy. It will bother me to no end to do so but better than having them quit using it.

what about putting a nice fluffy fleece blanket or towel in the bed and then you just wash the towel or blanket? Works for Nofuratu...but he's not picky about bedding..

Adventures of A Naked Cat

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Maybe they'd like one of those really soft, snuggly microfiber towels or whatever they're called?

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Maybe they'd like one of those really soft, snuggly microfiber towels or whatever they're called?

You have to be careful with those microfleece blankets. It sounds like the majority of the male kitties on this site REALLY like them. Then the new beds might turn into "dens of love".

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You have to be careful with those microfleece blankets. It sounds like the majority of the male kitties on this site REALLY like them. Then the new beds might turn into "dens of love".

ROFL--Blue would concur! You might never get your boy to come out of his bed if you put a microfleece in there!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Bella07

Banned
ROFL--Blue would concur! You might never get your boy to come out of his bed if you put a microfleece in there!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

:LOL: You guys are all too funny! But, back to the original post---both of your kitties look beautiful, as a matter of fact, even more beautiful in pink!

Did I mention that I once bought my gsd/pitt mix, a pink faux patent leather collar with butterflies on it? (And a matching leash!) I thought it would make him look friendlier, but, when he went on walks, people thought I was crazy for putting that on a male dog :Dizzy: So now he just has a black collar, still patent leather I might add!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
He looks great in pink! There is a tshirt for men that says real men wear pink:Laugh: I think it is time to find one for Gable, I bet your husband would love it!

By the way guys my middle name is Marie too:Wink:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Hahahahaha- yeah, pink bed for male Sphynx = cute. I'm not so sure about the pink collar on a male dog though! I identify dogs real quick by their leash/collar colors, so I'd automatically assume your dog was a girl (until otherwise noticed- LOL).

Reminds me of Legally Blonde when she kept dressing Bruiser in girl clothes and come to find out he was a male and preferred the same! lol Too cute!

Back