Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New puppy

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I am so happy, Admin and I have been looking for A new puppy ok well I have been looking for A new puppy and Admin finally gave in and I think I found one I like I am going to look tomorrow and if I fall in love with her I will leave A deposit and be able to pick her up on the 20th. She is A boxer like our Sidney. We lost mickey last Aug. and Sidney is not in the best of health, we dog sat a few weeks ago and she seemed to enjoy having another dog around, so maybe this will perk her up abit.

Last edited:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Don't forget to post pics when your get her. Boxer puppies are especially cute because they have no idea how big they really are :BigSmile:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I just got back from picking her out she is just the cutest thing I will post pics later. I can't take her home till the 20th. We are naming her Delilah!:BigSmile:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Picking up puppy today :BigSmile: Hubby went to work so me and the kids are going at 9 it's about A 2 hour drive, I can't wait. Our daughter is going to A friends house at 1:30 and she just woke up and is not sure she wants to go now because she wants to play with the puppy. (crazy kids) I will post some pics this weekend!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Just A update on Delilah she is doing great and we just love her, we are still working on potty training a bit but for only being home 2 weeks she is doing well with it:ThumbsUp: Here is A picture of her and our daughter Shannon swimming in the pool, boxers are not supposed to swim but she seems to love it, every time we get in she is there waiting:Adore:!
CIMG0282.jpg

CIMG0283.jpg

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Can I have your address? I think I need to take a drive up there and steal your puppy and kitties...they are just to cute for words. Don't worry when it's time to clean up after them I'll let you come over :Laugh:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Oh no I think Delilah has poison ivy? She had A small rash for 2 days but I thought it was from the heat, and last night it was all over my husband said he cut some down last week in the yard, and she seems to chew or roll in everything! Any Ideas of what I can do before the vet opens? She is not A happy camper.

Brooke

Banned
Oh no I think Delilah has poison ivy? She had A small rash for 2 days but I thought it was from the heat, and last night it was all over my husband said he cut some down last week in the yard, and she seems to chew or roll in everything! Any Ideas of what I can do before the vet opens? She is not A happy camper.

I had a dog with a grass allergy (can you imagine, trying to keep her off the grass?!?!) she was medicated for it, but when she would break out with an itchy rash, I used anti-itch lotion on her. (The stuff I have is called 'Respite' and contains Camphor .5% and Menthol .5%, I got it from CVS)

It didn't clear up the rash, but seemed to make her stop itching and soothe the rash until I could get to the vet for an allergy shot. It might work for poison ivy...??

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Well just got back from the vet our vet was out today so we saw another one in the same group, she said that dogs can not get poison ivy? but I read online that they can but rare and more common in short hair dogs:Frown: Can I get some luck here with any of my pets please! Anyway she did A skin scrape and nothing gave A shot of antibiotic and something for alergy, sent me home with A spray and antibiotics I just hope it goes away and is something simple!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm not going to be much help here because I'm highly allergic to poison ivy so my first thought would have been to just stay away from the puppy :Laugh: But I think I heard a coworker talk about her pug getting something and she gave her an oatmeal bath that really helped her. Now whether it worked or not I'm not sure.

Ducky01

Lairian
I use to have a white boxer that was just recently euthanized because of lymphoma. I think a lot has to do with white being a weaker trait/gene...it really isnt noticeable until you have two parents that are white.We "rescued" our white boxer from a breeder who was not home at the time he was born and felt guilty about destroying him as many old school Boxer breeders had done. He had a few skin issues from rashes to an actual tumor like growth that he got on his chest when he was a puppy that had to be surgically removed. We also had to bathe him in a vet medicated shampoo when he was a puppy because his immune system was weak and he would break out in a rash if a commercial pet shampoo was used. We have 5 brindle girls and all have had no problems with their skin or any issues that we saw with our white puppy.

100_0978.jpg

That was our boy :)

Hope you enjoy your puppy....I cant imagine not having a boxer.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I use to have a white boxer that was just recently euthanized because of lymphoma. I think a lot has to do with white being a weaker trait/gene...it really isnt noticeable until you have two parents that are white.We "rescued" our white boxer from a breeder who was not home at the time he was born and felt guilty about destroying him as many old school Boxer breeders had done. He had a few skin issues from rashes to an actual tumor like growth that he got on his chest when he was a puppy that had to be surgically removed. We also had to bathe him in a vet medicated shampoo when he was a puppy because his immune system was weak and he would break out in a rash if a commercial pet shampoo was used. We have 5 brindle girls and all have had no problems with their skin or any issues that we saw with our white puppy.

100_0978.jpg

That was our boy :)

Hope you enjoy your puppy....I cant imagine not having a boxer.

You boy was handsom:Wink: Sorry about him how old was he when he was put down? We also have A brindle female and she has had every skin problem known to man. Surgery to remove A tumor 4 times and now she has A few small ones and A huge one on her chest but is 81/2 and because of her age and other health problems, we decided to let them be! Delilah did have poison ivy because the shot the vet gave cleared it up and she thought it was slim that was it I knew it was because she rolled in it for 2 days before! I forgot how crazy the puppy stage was:Sweat: But all in all she is good! I was thinking of breding her some day but think I have since changed my mind! Her parents where not white one was brindle and the other fawn, I was carefull because I wanted white but worried about the trouble they could have! Thanks for sharing your story with me I look foward to any other info you have. Oh and I forgot 5 boxers wow!

Ducky01

Lairian
He had just turned 7 in March and we had him put down the end of May, it came on pretty fast and from out of nowhere. It was one day noticing his Lymphnodes were swollen and then few weeks later he was gone.

Yea 5 >.<!! We use to show and one of our dogs that we had got from a breeder was like a two way ownership so after she was done showing if we wanted to keep her as a pet we had to breed her and give the breeder one of the puppies. Well we gave up one but ended up keeping 2 out of the six and then had to take back a puppy we sold to someone because they left her in her crate for 12 hrs a day while they worked and she ended up burning the hair of her stomach from sleeping in her own urine :( That cured us of the whole breeding thing because you never know how people are going to treat them and you figure if they spend so much money on a pet that they will atleast take care of it.

Keep updating pics of your puppy!! She is very adorable

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Oh that is so bad, why would someone let that happen? I am just going to have her fixed when the time comes and hope that will avoid all the problems that our other boxer has! We got her from A very poor breeder in Alabama and within having her for 2 weeks she had no fur, come to find out after 3 vets that she had mange, that was treated with A special bath at the office twice A week for 6 months then she started getting tumors, so A few surgerys for them the vet at the time did not want to fix her till she was problem free. Well she was never problem free, has problems with her but with polups and poop problems now and then, She is A great dog and I just try to keep her happy for the rest of her days but no more surgery because of her age! Delilah is keeping her on her toes, and she is helping with the potty training because she always follows her. We love boxers and could not be without one!

Back