Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New red open sore near mouth!! Please help

Samcharlesss

Lairian
I just noticed the red open sore near my cats mouth this morning. It wasn’t there yesterday because I brush her teeth daily and I didn’t see it. I think it’s a fairly new sore because when I cleaned it with sterile saline and a sterile gauze pad, there was a tiny bit of bright red blood on the gauze. It doesn’t seem to bother her. She’s eating drinking playing like normal and didn’t seem bothered by it even when I was cleaning it. I put a thin layer of coconut oil after cleaning it but I have no idea what it’s from. It could just be nothing but she’s my first sphynx kitty and is only 8 months so im an anxious mama lol. Anyone dealt with anything like this? Pics of what it looks like and cute pics of her as cat tax
0d1e40baaa39e677600c88176b2cf848.jpg

04e74c6e91c7a53d905591cae633272c.jpg

140c1dbfbebcc490f7e81fc36185257d.jpg

b62e57d06640bfcbc95b04b7a3853f72.jpg

c6147f9ded67505bd01370865563e4e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samcharlesss

Lairian
@Samcharlesss , beautiful baby girl.. did I miss her name? all paws are family. I dont have experience with this type of lip sore, tagging @Catzzzmeow
members will surely chime in. we are here for you

hugs n head smooches

Oh sorry I completely forgot to include her name haha. Aubrey she’s my baby and every little thing worries me haha

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Samcharlesss , head smooches to adorable Aubrey. how's it looking now after a few hours?
hugs n head smooches to adorable Aubrey.

I do see two different threads going. I commented on other thread as well

possible a toothbrush bristle hits that area?

Last edited:

nudebea

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My girl Kiwi had something similar a couple of years ago but we did notice she had a small reddish swelling near her lip, we think it may have been a blackhead that became infected then it swelled like a spot and burst, we gently bathed it for a few days and it healed up fine, Hope Aubreys soon heals but just keep an eye on it , she is beautiful

Samcharlesss

Lairian
@Samcharlesss , head smooches to adorable Aubrey. how's it looking now after a few hours?
hugs n head smooches to adorable Aubrey.

I do see two different threads going. I commented on other thread as well

possible a toothbrush bristle hits that area?

It looks so much better now!!! It has dried up and is scabbing over. I got all worked up for nothing
7ad2a0bab2d53893c7b62703549896e0.jpg

Samcharlesss

Lairian
My girl Kiwi had something similar a couple of years ago but we did notice she had a small reddish swelling near her lip, we think it may have been a blackhead that became infected then it swelled like a spot and burst, we gently bathed it for a few days and it healed up fine, Hope Aubreys soon heals but just keep an eye on it , she is beautiful

It’s already looking better today. I’m going to avoid tooth brushing for the next couple days until it heals so I don’t cause further trauma to the area!! But I appreciate all the advice!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Super update…have had that happen a few times and it looks larking and then crazy fast heals…glad you are experiencing the same.