Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New rules for rescues

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
We have been looking at some of these ads and found that a rescue is in indeed a "rescue". We have seen rescue or adoption fees of up to 500.00. This is in our eyes not a rescue or adoption fee but a sale of a cat or kitten. The new rule will be no adoption or rescue fee over 200.00, we feel this is a fair amount to cover costs.
All threads will be moderated in the "Sphynx Rescue" area and once approved by the Administrators will go live. Please read the new rules here
http://www.sphynxlair.com/f24/rules-area-75/

Thank you!
Administrators@Sphynxlair

Last edited by a moderator:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone we just want to clarify some things with the new rules. Because I think some of you feel it unfair and we know everyone is just trying to help. What we are trying to avoid is breeders or anyone tying to make a profit by stating that a sphynx needs rescuing when it is really just a sale. We will review each on a case by case basis and if we feel necessary contact the person that has listed the cat in question. We may allow some over the $200 adoption fee but just feel we should review it first. Hope this clears up some questions you all have and if you have any more please let us know:Wink:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Seems logical and fair to me. That being said, I have a sphynx named Butterball up for rehome with a fee of $200 and controlling rights of Facebook, SphynxLair, Google and Microsoft.

Gizzymom

Banned
Seems logical and fair to me. That being said, I have a sphynx named Butterball up for rehome with a fee of $200 and controlling rights of Facebook, SphynxLair, Google and Microsoft.

LOLOLOLOLOL.... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I love the humor:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
As someone with two rescues in her home right now, I think your ruling is logical and fair. Frankly- sooo many Sphynxes are being sold at ridiculous prices as 'rescues' and it shocks me to see people paying upwards of $800 for a 'rescue' cat.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think this is fair, as I told admin my only concern was the arbitrary $200 fee, that only because I've seen some legit rescues offered for $250-300, mostly young kitties in good shape. But if the higher priced ads will be reviewed and posted if they're legit I'm happy. I just don't want a needy kitty to miss out on a potential good home because the lair wouldn't allow the post because of price, that's all. Thanks for addressing my concerns!

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I agree with looking at everything on a case by case basis. You never know how much some rescue groups will charge. Great job admin.!!

susi794

Staff member
I agree with Marlene--hate to see a needy cat not get the chance to have people here know about it just because of price, but I also see your point, Admins.

Petfinder listings for shelters tend to list prices around $700....hmm.....well their in shelters so they might be safe if it's no kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.