Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

New shirt!! :D

One pair of leggings turned into two shirts for Nala today!! It actually fits her better than any other shirt I have bought her!

Attachments

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Do you think it will start to frey where you cut the arm holes? I have a pair of leggings that I NEVER wear, but I would be afraid it would start to frey at the edges and I am not talented enough to sew something around the edges.

Do you think it will start to frey where you cut the arm holes? I have a pair of leggings that I NEVER wear, but I would be afraid it would start to frey at the edges and I am not talented enough to sew something around the edges.
Nah, it shouldn't really fray up. At least it hasn't yet! I tried with a sock and that just shredded to pieces! The leggings I got were just cotton jersey kind of materiel, the only thing that I might want to sew is the bottom because it keeps rolling up some. Other than that it's good!

Nala looks very nice! That was a great idea and she seems to like it! How was she about having it put on her?
She was good actually! I have tried so many other shirts but none of them fit her very good. They always pull under her arms or something and she hates that. This way, I could cut the arm holes as big as I wanted to make it fit her better.

Also, when I come walking towards her with a shirt she knows I mean business! :BigSmile:

This technique works wonders...some of Snuffie's first clothing items were hand me downs from old tshirts I never wore or long sleeved shirts that were stretchy. Only times I've had trouble with them freying was when they were in the dryer too long or if you stretch it too much to go over the head and slip the legs in.

Nala looks great!!! I love the print on her new shirt!!