Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

new sneezing

GMPLAX23

Lairian
Hi guys,
I am leaning on my Sphynx Family for help!
Last night, Tut began sneezing. Its way too much for my liking but i don't know if i am just a concerned momma. I made sure to check and his eyes are clear and his nose dry. I'm hoping by the time I get home from work, he will not be sneezing anymore.
Anyone have gone through this before? Should I take him to the vet?

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
If it came out of the blue and seems odd, a vet check is a great idea. It could be allergies or even the start of a URI. Do you use L-Lysine? It is a great booster for the respiratory system. L-Lysine for Sphynx Cats

Anything new in the house that smells? Detergents, candles, new cleaners or carpets etc?

Patti

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sometimes, they, just sneeze. Then, it stops.
But, if, it's not, and seems, on going or worse.
I would have, a Vet check it out.
Hope it's nothing.

rachelian36

Lairian
I asked my vet about Naruu's sneezing the last time we were in because sometimes it just seems like she's sneezing too much then other times she doesn't sneeze at all. My vet's advice was not to worry because I'd know if she was getting a URI. He said sneezing is actually a good sign that he respiratory system is working well to remove dust particles or whatever irritates her nose. Keep an eye on it but I wouldn't worry too much unless you notice some other symptoms like nasal discharge, wheezing, etc.

Just my 2 pennies cause I also have a very sneezy cat on my hands sometimes haha.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Oh happy to read good news update!

you can video tape Tut sneezing to show your vet -

I did this with Toby last year - I took him to the vet along with my phone video tape -
Of course they never do it when we take them to the vet
She immediately said he was reverse sneezing - seasonal allergies in his case .